need help....anyone had to work nights? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2003, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
need some help.....i have to return to work soon and will be working nights 7p-7a. it will only be about twice a week but i'm worried about my 10 month old ds sleeping. since he was born we've been cosleeping and night nursing. he nurses to sleep EVERY night and nurses back to sleep throughout the night. i have tried other ways to get him back to sleep without nursing (backrubs, etc.) but it rarely works. also, he won't take the bottle, at all. my husband will be home with him on the nights i work, but i worry about how my ds will sleep. i'm also worried that this will wean him and he won't want to nurse even on the nights that i am home. i feel horrible that i have to do this, but financially we have to. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2003, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He may have a nursing strike at first, as he tries to adjust to the new schedule, but I wouldn't take this as weaning. Sometimes I've heard of babies waiting to eat until the mom gets home from work. My DS does this to a certain extent. He only takes a few ounces from a bottle during the day but then he eats lots in the evening. Your DS may do the same, eat a little more in the mornings to make up for the night feeding being a bottle.

((HUGS)) to you, I know how hard it is to go to work and leave your baby!

Marcy

User Tag List