Does your baby every cry or fuss themselves to sleep in your arms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2006, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are some nights that my baby is so fussy, and nothing makes him stop crying unless you just turn on the lights and stop rocking him or singing or whatevering him to sleep. But I know he's tired. I don't think he's terribly overtired. I just hate it, but I know he needs to sleep and he doesn't want to be put down and doesn't want to be held. I'd assume it's teething, but Hylands tablets don't help. Then I think it's something I ate, but he doesn't seem gassy. UGH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned

I don't his age, but maybe he is ready for bedtime stories or more of a winding down to bedtime type transition period, kwim?

I know my babies, around 4 months were needing a longer transition time. I would give them an infant massage, then read to them, then I would turn off the light and we would all lie down to sleep.

Once they got more active, crawling/walking, they didn't need such a long transition time, usually a bedtime story was enough.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

He's six months. That could be. I admit that we move on to darkened room/music/rocking rather abruptly. I'm wondering if the day was maybe more "stressful" or stimulating him or something. I think of younger babies getting more overstimulated, but I guess that's a possibility. I don't know. He doesn't always do this, but it's not exactly infrequent either.

Tonight he just collapsed in our arms while crying. At that point he was overtired, so I didn't want to turn on the light, which makes him stop crying, but not exactly calm.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:54 AM

"I'd assume it's teething, but Hylands tablets don't help"

FWIW, that might just mean the Hylands group of remedies doesn't contain what your babe needs. We LOVE the Hyland's tablets, and they saw us through quite a few teeth (16) in quite a short amount of time (1 year and 1 day from first to 16th), but there were some days/weeks where the combo in the tablets didn't work. So we started a collection of single remedies, and I match his symptoms up to my two good homeopathy books, to try to get the single remedy that matches him the best. When I do that, it's almost never-fail...

So it *could* be teething, but just that the remedies in Hylands aren't the remedy he needs at the moment.

Other than that, yes Eamon has and does cry or fuss to sleep...he is like me and does NOT like to *go* to sleep (though when there is usually quite content), because he's fairly certain we're having massive parties once he's asleep. So bedtimes for us (and for me when I was a child) do usually contain at least one meltdown...

User Tag List