Thank you to all.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up my first Mothering magazine less than a week ago, and it was the best thing that ever could have happened. I logged onto the forum last night, and I cried as I read the different experiences of sleeping and little ones. Last night my DS who is almost six months, decided to start "partying" at 1:30am. He is BF so I tried nursing...he ate, but didn't fall asleep. He is in our bed and now making the most annoying sounds-when laying down and not wanting to. Tried to move away so he wouldn't see me and want to play-it worked for me, I fell asleep but my husband didn't. He took him to his room with the new crib, and he hung out for awhile then I woke up to check on him. Tried rocking and nursing him (a bit frustrated I might add) and then it happened...my son looked up at me and cooed at me, and I cooed back. Next thing you know we were having a tender moment that I would have missed had I stayed so focused on controlling the situation. SO we cooed back and forth, smiled, and laughed and I cried. I would have missed this moment had I not read all of the supportive letters of "real life" sleeping and little ones. Truly, with only three hours of sleep, and a full day, the tender moment I shared with DS was what kept me going all day. And he did sleep, as soon as he went poopy. No one likes to go to bed when they have business to take care of! Thank you for the honesty, and the courage to not worry about ...."is he sleeping through the night?".
#2 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 11:22 AM

Mothering mag changed my life too. And then all the books in my local La Leche League library...

Life doesn't stop at night with a baby. My dd said her first word at night, in the family bed. Thanks for the memories!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#3 of 4 Old 02-03-2003, 03:25 PM

Hi KellyO!! And welcome to the mothering board. The place where us "against-the-grain" parents come to feel normal!

About 3 months ago, DD went through a phase where she would not stay down. She wake up and want to play and wouldn't go down for good until around 3 am! On those nights I just surrendered and "went with it". I was tired, yes, but DD's smiles and giggles kept me going. I would look at her beautiful happy face and think "cherish these moments".

Fortunately that phase didn't last long, lol!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-04-2003, 09:15 AM

KellyO-welcome!

I think I found these boards in July (DS was then 6 mo) and by August I was posting. It has really helped me cope with many things. I think the power of community-even online-is so strong. Especially a community of women.

It's also nice b/c it seems that we run the gamut around here. There are very natural parents, AP parents, some who don't do either, but pick up on what they need here. We are middle of the road with a lot, but we co-sleep, AP, b'feed, etc. I've found amazing support. Especially right now. We are going through a really bad time. I've posted about DS's sleep recently.

Sounds like you have issues with sleep, too. Lots of encouragament here with that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page