Booby Lunging!!! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-03-2003, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 8 month old ds has always just snuggled at the breast all night long..but once he learned to sit up he began sitting up at night and would cry and I would have to lay him back down and nurse him.

Well... now he wakes up in the middle of the night...dozens of times I might add....sits up....but doesn't cry!!!! He instead uses his radar to seek out my breasts and then LUNGES his entire body onto them!!!!

So of course being woken up by a 20 pound monkey of a baby body slamming me throughout the night with suction cup lips can be pretty frightening!!! But, I just love it!!!!

Anyone else want to share funny/strange/adorable things your babies do while co-sleeping that we would otherwise miss out on had they been in a crib?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-03-2003, 03:12 PM

When DD wakes up wanting to nurse, she stirs a little, I awaken, and there she is with her eyes closed and her mouth starts opening and closing like a little fish. It's SO cute!

Also, she likes to sleep on her side sometimes. When she is on her back she rolls over facing me and her little arms pat my breasts and end up resting on them.

I just LOVE snuggling with my baby!!!!!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-04-2003, 05:07 PM

Mine does that boobie slam too! He often wakes up and sits up and just looks at me. If he catches me looking at him it gets all crazy and it's hard to get him back to sleep so I have to pretend I'm asleep. He lunges at my chest and attacks my boobs and sometimes it hurt's cuz he grabs with his teeth at first. Then he hunts down any exposed skin and blows rasberries. He's crazy!!
#4 of 9 Old 02-04-2003, 05:44 PM

My 6 month old ds has taken to rolling over to snuggle with me. He's asleep, so he doesn't do it consciously, but he always rolls towards me and not dh. It took us a long time, but I'm soooo glad we finally mastered the art of nursing lying down. I love snuggling with my baby horizontally!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 9 Old 02-04-2003, 07:12 PM

When my ds was a baby, he would snuggle up to nurse and prop his feet against the tops of my thighs. Sometimes they were very COLD! As he got older, his little feet-warming trick became a favorite activity of his. Now that he's 3 1/2, he is ALMOST (!) weaned (still asks now and then, but only lasts 15 seconds), he still likes to cuddle in the nursing position and put his feet on me. Now that they are size 11's, the cold factor is a much bigger deal! Brrrrrr!
#6 of 9 Old 02-05-2003, 04:50 AM

when dd is sleeping between us she will stretch out her arms so she can have one arm on each of us. If dh is laying with his back to her she will tap him on the back until he wakes up and looks at her, she will smile and drift back to sleep.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#7 of 9 Old 02-08-2003, 11:39 PM

My DD is about 7 1/2mos. When it's time for me to go to bed, she's usually ready to wake for another feeding. She gets so excited when she sees me climb into bed. She starts flapping her arms, kicking her legs, and jabbering like a little monkey. Then, when I pull out the bb, she dive bombs me. Sometimes, she's a little too far away and tries to pull the nipple to her mouth (ouch!). Once she gets the nipple in her mouth she sucks for a moment, then looks up at me and smiles (while holding the nipple in her mouth w/ her tongue...just to make sure it doesn't escape LOL), and then goes back to nursing.

I can't describe how much I love snuggling w/ my little angel. It's one of the best things in the world. I get so miffed when I read books like Ezzo's Babywise and Marilu Henner's I Refuse to Raise a Brat which claim that cosleeping is bad for a child's emotional health and dangerous to the child's physical well-being. Fie on them, I say. Cosleeping's the best!!
#8 of 9 Old 02-09-2003, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

@ Nora...

I know what you mean....I don't know who I feel most sorry for....the babies/children...or the parents....who have never experienced the joys of co-sleeping!!!
#9 of 9 Old 02-09-2003, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Now that he's 3 1/2, he is ALMOST (!) weaned (still asks now and then, but only lasts 15 seconds), he still likes to cuddle in the nursing position and put his feet on me. Now that they are size 11's, the cold factor is a much bigger deal! Brrrrrr!
KanD, you could be describing my DS!

This morning we were snuggling and I was half-asleep when he asked to nurse, but he still sticks those feet on me! I'm so glad I haven't missed these moments!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page