My conversation with dh this weekend - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-11-2003, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've not been able to get on here and share this which was driving me nuts because I knew you were the only ones who would understand.

This weekend dh was helping me fold the laundry. I had let it pile up and needed the help, so we put dd on the bed and emptied the baskets on the bed.

We started talking about dd sleeping with us. He told me that he was glad she is sleeping with us even if at first he wasn't sure. He also said that it felt more like a family for us all to be together and he loved sleeping next to her.
I was so overjoyed because I thought that he was just tolerating having her there and it made me happier that he is happy with the situation too.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-11-2003, 09:48 PM

My DH prefers to have ds2 in the bed too!
#3 of 6 Old 02-11-2003, 10:27 PM

My dh used to love having ours in the bed too. He was out at work all day, with a long commute, sometimes night school too. So he wasn't home much and just loved to snuggle up to the kids in the big bed all night. For a period of 2 yrs we had all 3 kids in the very big bed with us. So cute!

Even when each one would go thru the phase where they slept sidewise, with their head on my tummy and their feet on his, and he would get kicked in the stomach, or pushed on all night by tense little legs, he never wanted to get anyone out of the bed.

He had a childhood full of spankings and neglect and being yelled at, and this was healing for him, I think.
#4 of 6 Old 02-11-2003, 11:34 PM

I'm so happy for you!!

I remember one day after a rough night with DD I said to DH "even if we moved her to another bed we'd still have to get up to get her" (I worried that he was doubting our cosleeping ways) and he said "why would you even say that? she belongs in our bed with us!". I was very glad to hear those words and I shouldn't have doubted him!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#5 of 6 Old 02-12-2003, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaryLLL
He was out at work all day, with a long commute. So he wasn't home much and just loved to snuggle up to the kids in the big bed all night.So cute!
I think this is why my dh enjoys it so much too. Depending on how tired the baby is dh only gets to see him for an hour or two each day. Sometimes not at all, except when ds is asleep.
#6 of 6 Old 02-14-2003, 01:09 AM

DH wasn't sure about it at first either. Now, he can't imagine it any other way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page