From bedsharing to cosleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sad. We have had to (for safety reasons) switch our son to his crib (in our room) instead of sharing a bed with us...he's become too mobile and my husband sleeps too soundly...he's done alright in the crib...but we weren't READY to make the switch yet...he still wakes multiple times a night....but it seems to be going well...I'm just sad that I didn't have time to prepare myself emotionally for this move.
#2 of 4 Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oh, mama- I am sorry.... I will tell you what we did and you can take it or leave it... We have a doubble bed and it was not enough room for us and the baby so we took a twin mattress and put the twin next to the wall then pushed our bed up to the twin. So DH and I could have "our" bed but my baby was still right next to me and I could still nurse and not have to get up- she was in no danger of someone rolling on her and has all the space in the world in her twin bed. and she doesnt wake if we move or anything in our bed because her twin doesn't vibrate when we move.

HTH

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#3 of 4 Old 03-07-2006, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry mama. I'm sure that this is difficult for you. I'm gonna also go along the same line the pp did. Maybe you could try a twin mattress for your ds. I'd recommend also having both the twin and your mattress on the floor, too. This really helped w/ our dd b/c I wasn't as concerned about a fall.

Beth, Mama to dd , wife to dh , teacher :~ Living, Loving, Learning...everyday.
#4 of 4 Old 03-08-2006, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We also put our on the floor like mother narture did. We have the box springs and then the mattress- my 1 year old can get off just fine and she can even get on (if she has a blanket to pull on to help herself!)

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page