Are we normal? And... how to gradually stop co-sleeping? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my DD sleeps with me in the guest room and she is 2. my first DD slept in the bed with dh and i until she was 2. She was a 'peaceful' night nurser though and would just wake up nurse and go back to sleep. this second one though wakes up and SCREAMS to nurse, many times a night. DH cannot sleep with the constant screaming so i had to move with her. I find I don't enjoy cosleeping with her as much as i did with my first because of the screaming to nurse.
anyone else have a night screamer??
#32 of 32 Old 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudie View Post
I take so much flack from everyone about co-sleeping with my DD. She is 19 months old this month and I feel it is the best decision I ever made.
DH isn't so hot about it b/c he can't sleep with the both of us and DD and I sleep in a spare room.
I had one friend even say something about how Child Services should be called if one slept with their child after they were an infant!!!!
I am sooooo happy I found this thread!
Prudie
Child services? WOW. Dd is 5 1/2 and has slept in her bed a couple of times. There was a time when many families all slept in the same room. Sometimes of necessity and in for some 'just a way of life'. I believe the reason this stopped was because it was prestigious for your child to have their own room. It meant you had enough $$$ to have a home with enough rooms to let your kid(s) have their own room. Our dd is very independant and confident. Anyone who says co-sleeping is wrong, might say they'll never gain their independance. So NOT TRUE!! Yesterday one of dd's friends said that she and my daughter like all the same things. She then said she doesn't sleep in her room either. I wonder how many 'closet co-sleepers' are out there LOL When they're babies you never have to run to the other room ( or get a monitor)to make sure they are ok. YAY for co-sleeping!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page