It Worked!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-17-2003, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted here quite a few times about my all night nursing baby. I have struggled with thoughts on how to change it. I have/had a baby who went to sleep nursing and woke up to nurse every half hour to every hour. I was going crazy.
Well.... my daughter turned a year old.... it marked the time to change some things. Someone from this forum (cant remember who) gave me an idea and I wanted to share it with you all.

I will give her a bath and then my husband will take her into the bedroom and get her dressed, massaged, and ready... then lay down with her. She cried but I knew he was with her... she cried for about 10 minutes and then slept fpr 4 HOURS!!!! The longest since her birth. I can now go out at night and sing.... I dont have to go in there every hour..... I can have time with my husband.... ect. I am very happy. When I go to bed I nurse her but I notice that she is nursing less and less and wants to cuddle instead. Last night she did not nurse until 3:00 am and only nursed 3 times till she woke up. I am amazed how fast and well this worked.

So.... he puts her to sleep and wakes up with her the first time.... after that I nurse her but is becoming less and less.
The only drawback I can see is..... she is a bit more needy, clingy, and wants to be held alot... she is also teething... and I dont mind.

Anyway... just thought I wouls share!!!! There is hope!:
#2 of 5 Old 03-17-2003, 12:03 PM

woo-hoo! how exciting! i am nowhere near there with my 7 month old son but stories like yours give me hope....

way to go!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 12:40 AM

this gives me hope with my own all night nurser. my ds is also 12months old and i also think its time to try and change a few things. we recently started having my dh lay down with ds during the day for naps. amazingly he actually fell asleep with him and stayed asleep for the duration of the nap. i was shocked - this has been working for about 2 weeks now. so i thought we'd try it at night. this is the first night......we'll see how it goes.
#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 06:18 PM

bs"d

That's great!

Do you think the extra clingyness is from the new nighttime situation, or maybe just the teething. It could just be teething...
#5 of 5 Old 04-01-2003, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying everyone.

Well.. it has been a month of this now and it is going great.

She will go to sleep with me or my dh and stay asleep for a good stretch before waking. At night.... she only nurses 2-3 times and thats it until morning. Its so nice to sleep next to our baby and cuddle instead of contorting my body to nurse all night long.

It really was a habbit... like a pacifier. I feel like I have more freedom, down time, and wake better in the morning.

To squeakermansmom:
I felt like it was time to try something new. I was scared and reluctent to do anything. I am amazed at how well it worked. I am amazed at how quick it worked.
I hope the best for you.... good luck. If you need anything please ask.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page