Question for Arms Reach & Arms Reach Mini users.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if they can be set up so that the baby's mattress can be at the exact level of your mattress? Our mattress & boxspring sit on the floor, BTW, if that makes a difference. We could start using our frame again, but would rather not since it's easy for DD to climb up onto it as it is.

With #2 coming we need something for co-sleeping with the baby & DD at the same time. With DD I just had her crib as a sidecar, but we live somewhere else now & our bedroom is WAY too tiny to fit a crib next to my side of the bed....

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Blessings,
Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 04:51 PM

What size is your bed currently?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2006, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia
What size is your bed currently?
Right now we have a queen. We don't really have the money to invest in a king at the moment. We did discuss putting our extra twin up against our queen to make one big bed, but the bed will then literally take up the entire room. And I will have no place to put a clock or drink or anything like that on my side of the bed. DH & I are both tall & on the larger side. DD sleeps between us pretty much all night every night. She's 21 months....will be 28 months when the baby comes. As it is I spend most of the night clinging to the edge of the bed. There is no way I can safely put a baby in bed with us without some sort of additional space.

Thanks!

Holly
Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM

We bought a Mini Co-sleeper, but there is not a way with the stuff that comes in it to not have a 5" drop from the rail to their bed.

We did something that, of course, is "Not Recommended" by the manufacturer. We got a crib mattress (foam one without springs) and cut it down to fit. We figured the risk of SIDS on a crib mattress would be no higher whether it's a full mattress or cut down. We're getting a BabeSafe mattress cover for it, and then we'll place it in. The rail will be even with the mattress then. The baby could allegedly roll over the side onto my bed, but that's kind of the point.

We also have a regular crib (given to us) for later, but we may use it for naps and such, if we won't be in the bed next to her.... although, I'm hoping to sleep when she does, b/c I love sleep, and I know that it will soon be a distant memory.

Good luck!
P.S. With a short bed, you will have to get a Universal co-sleeper to have it even with your bed, and the lowest it goes is 18". Hope this helps.

User Tag List