New skill and sleep disruption? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-13-2006, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long does it go on I've forgotten as my oldest is nearly 4. But the new babe has just learned to pull to a stand, that combined with a little bug and newly erupting teeth is meaning some sleep battles! She even crawling off to find something to stand against when she's still mostly asleep I'm very excited for her to practice standing but really, she needs sleep too!

Julia- wife to Tom since 3/01 mom to three girls- A Dancer 9/02, An Angel 11/04 and A Gymnast 1/06 + one on the way EDD 1/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It depends on the baby- usually once the new skill is mastered, the thrill has worn off and the baby sleeps better.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#3 of 7 Old 08-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Oh, this post has brought back some memories! My DS was VERY much like this. The first was with rolling! He'd roll all night long, back and forth and over again. And the same with crawling, standing, walking, etc. Indeed, after the novelty wore off and he'd been at the new skill awhile, sleep resumed to normal. Um, that is to say it went back to being "just ok" which was the norm for DS.

The best,
Em

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#4 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 12:01 PM

It should pass soon. It's all such a blur, isn't it?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#5 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Heh. My girl stands in her sleep too. It's pretty funny, or it would be if I weren't so tired. She has this look like 'how in heck did I get up here???'
#6 of 7 Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embee
after the novelty wore off and he'd been at the new skill awhile, sleep resumed to normal.
That is, until the next new skill came along (a few days later), right? Seems the milestones are coming fast and furious, I am worried the sleep disruptions are going to be normal, for a while at least!
#7 of 7 Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3703
That is, until the next new skill came along (a few days later), right? Seems the milestones are coming fast and furious, I am worried the sleep disruptions are going to be normal, for a while at least!
Indeed! This is that truly amazing time period of one milestone after another. I remember feeling like we'd just gotten one down and another one would be on the way. It seems like a blink of an eye now, but at the time it was excruciatingly tiring a lot of the time. Ah yes, this too shall pass. Hang in there, mama!

Em

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page