I never appreciated it. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2003, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Remember when you were free to just go lie down in your bed and go to sleep ANY TIME YOU WANTED???

I don't even have it as bad as some of you poor mamas, but GOD, what I would give for JUST ONE NIGHT of going to bed whenever I wanted and sleeping through 'til whenever I wanted. AAAHHHHH!

Can you relate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2003, 09:53 PM

I can totally relate. I used to be a couch napper. Especially when I was pregnant, I'd sack out on the couch after dinner and my dh would wake me up a couple of hours later to move to bed. Just go to sleep... whenever I was tired... ahhh, I miss that.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:33 AM

Well, I did appreciate it. I had a very dear friend with a young DD and I knew from her experiences how valuable it was. I tried very hard to savour those days when I'd come home from work and just go to sleep, lol.

But you know, I was also lonely, I wasn't a mother...I wouldn't trade it.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 03-27-2003, 01:22 AM

i can totally relate - i've had one 2 hour span of uninterupted sleep by myself since ds was born (12 months ago) and that was when i had the stomach flu and felt deathly ill. and you know what's disturbing? it was still kinda nice even if i was sick! but i agree with piglet68 - i wouldn't trade it for the world. i just love snuggling with ds and waking up next to him is the best. and .....he doesn't snore like dh does!
Old 03-27-2003, 01:37 AM

It is tough. I haven't had a full night's sleep in over 11 years. Being a parent changes everything. I also wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. All too soon they will be out in the world and my bed will be empty again.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

I know what you mean, ladies. When I peek at my little angel's face next to me in bed, it makes me so happy. Even if I thought she should sleep in her own bed, I don't think I could do it because I love having her little body curled up next to me at night.

I know some day I'll get a good night's sleep again. And boy, that will be one happy day!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:04 AM

I (think) I'm speaking from the other side...I have a 2 and 4 year old who still sleep with us. I have just started getting what resembles a full nights sleep (if I can get myself to bed at a decent hour). I never thought it would happen but, I'm there, at least for now

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
Old 03-28-2003, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm trying VERY hard to appreciate the sleep I'm getting now (which is slowly getting worse as pregnancy gets further along)... so ah, in 6 months I'll letcha all know if I truly did appreciate what I have now

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
Old 03-28-2003, 09:38 AM

The other night, I fell asleep in the living room and I knew dh was caring for my dss. He said it took him 5 minutes to wake me:LOL . I can't remember the last time I slept so soundly, but I I love our family bed.

Since ds#2 has been in the pictue, I sleep even less than I dud w/ ds#1. For some reason, I feel less tired .

User Tag List