YAY!!! Evan is sleeping (almost) through the night, no 'training' needed... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my husband and I were determined that we would continue to nurture Evan whenever he needs it, and that no matter how hard the nights got, we would not resort to any type of CIO sort of methods. We decided BEFORE the sleepless nights, what we considered "non negotiable" and we were bound and determined to not change our minds in reaction to not sleeping. (if that makes any sense).

I have been gettign SO SICK of people telling me to "just let him cry a bit, it wont kill him and he needs to learn sometime". And god forbid if I told htem "Oh well we cosleep so CIO would not be good for ANY of us" - they look at me like "oh you poor thing". GRR!!

But I was sticking to my guns, and regardless of how many cups of java I needed a day to keep going, I would never ever ever do that to my son. When I signed on for this business of mothering, I knew that sleepless nights were a part of that....and I respected my son enough to treat him like the tiny human he is and NOT a puppy who needs to be "housebroken".

So....for the last week and a bit, Evan has his bedtime routine (bath, massage, pj's, snuggles, bottle, sleep) and is usually down by 8:30-9:00 and has not been waking up til 4:30-5:00 AM!!!!! This amount of sleep in a row has been virtually UNHEARD of in our household. Then he has a bottle, and goes back to sleep til 7:30 I mean, he'll still sort of half wake up, find me, put his arm weaved into mine and go back to sleep...or if he's having trouble resettling I'll play with his hair for a bit til he goes off to dreamland. But all that is part of the joy of cosleeping IMO.

And this is all coming at a great time - two weeks ago, Evan was sick with a cold, an ear infection, AND I started feeling bumps on his gums - all the same week...yikes...let me say we were NOT sleeping through the night that week. So this rest is well appreciated by me, that is for sure!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my non-crying, non-training successes.
I am one happy, well rested Mama!

Thanks, baby boy!!

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 PM

Yay! We got 8 hours in our bed last night too! I swear it was a fluke.. .but it's enough to renew my confidence that Christopher will sleep through the night when he's good and ready.

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 PM

That's great, mama! We have pretty much gotten to the point where DD goes to sleep nursing and sleeps until about 8 or 9 the next morning when she wants another nursing session. It just kind of happened and there were a couple of times when I definitely checked for breathing! I don't know if there is necessarily a connection, but she has also started sleeping in her own bed most nights although she knows that she can sleep with us whenever she wants.

The great thing for us about this timing is that I'm pregnant now and very glad for the extra space I can tell you!

Oh, btw, dd is 2y9m old so it took us a while. I am glad as you are that we didn't have to resort to any CIO techniques.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page