I think we have to stop Co sleeping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-05-2003, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think Pj is trying to tell us he is ready for his crib

he just doesnt seem to want to be in there with us anymore, last night was awful, he just kept tossing and turning, and lately he would rather nap in the crib, when I go check on him he is sleeping peacefuly, so is there a way I should start this? or just start putting him in there awake and let him fall asleep on his own?
thanks
#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2003, 04:09 PM

I only "co-slept" with my son for a few months, and then we used the crib next to our bed. I just couldn't sleep well enough with a baby next to me, I sleep normally like a LOG and now (he's 3 1/2) I don't hear him at night, my DH gets up when DS needs to use the potty. I was so terrified that I would roll on my baby or something that I couldn't sleep.

My son got used to going to sleep on his own, I would brestfeed him, change him cuddle a little and put him down when he was still awake, it seems to have worked rather well for us, and my son sleeps really very well, and goes to sleep very easily.
We have a routine now of tickles before bed, where we both roll around and laugh and scream before I leave the room.

With my daughter, I would lie in bed with her and tickle her back, cuddle and sing and read and do all kinds of things to help her to go to sleep, it took its toll on us as a family, I would have to lie with her for an HOUR or more before she would go to sleep - that just didn't work well, very frustrating when we had visitors or something and bed time came along and I'd have to leave for an hour. It sounds really selfish I know. But I'm really happy with how my son has adjusted.
(he'll even go to bed if I'm not home, something my daughter would NEVER do)

Good Luck
Chelly
#3 of 4 Old 04-06-2003, 01:19 AM

What a blessing that your child seems to be making a choice to move into his own nighttime space!

With a toddler of 15 months, there are times when I wish our ds would choose the same. Don't get me wrong, I love to crawl into the bed and smell his sweet, little head, but in the middle of the night when he is kicking and pulling hair for an hour straight. ARGHH!
He has ZERO interest in the crib though(has jumped out once before), so we'll stick with co-sleeping for now. I'm so tempted to cut off all my hair, though.
Marlene
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2003, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by babynaturale
I'm so tempted to cut off all my hair, though.
Marlene
OH I did that once when my son was very young (around 6-8 months I think) he would NOT come to me for hours after that, either he was really mad, or didn't quiet know who I was.

I cut HIS hair a few weeks ago and he was SO mad!! Now I'm too nervous to cut mine again, its really long now, and he LOVES it, he always wants me to tickle him with it, or let it down and kiss him so the hair covers his face when he is lying down.
Funny boy

Chelly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page