Daytime Naps - Mothering Forums
Co-sleeping and the Family Bed > Daytime Naps
Island Mommy's Avatar Island Mommy 04:02 PM 04-09-2003
Where does your baby nap?

In the recent Mothering magazine issue on cosleeping, the "Sleep Environment Safety Checklist" says "Do not put baby to sleep alone in an adult bed".

Uhh, OK. But we don't have a crib. We've tried putting dd in a car seat, swing, sling, etc. but I really think she'd sleep better in the bed. She associates the bed with sleep, which she doesn't do with the other places. She only sleeps 15 minutes or so if she's not outside being walked in the sling.

Also, she's taken to going to sleep between 7:30 and 8:30. I'd like to be able to get out of bed for a bit.

What do you other cosleepers do?

puddinnpeanut's Avatar puddinnpeanut 01:54 AM 04-11-2003
Hi Island Mommy! Well I have two now so what we do is not the ideal way I would like naps to go! The morning naps vary. Since the weather has gottten nicer and I am trying to lose those last 10 pounds, my mom got me a double jogger so we do nap number one on our morning walk or in the carseat during errands. Or he will nap in the Baby Bjorn. My dd used to nap in the sling but ds has not really taken to the sling and my dd loved it, so you just have to find what works. The swing doesn't work for us, old crank hand me down from my sister and dd would constantly touch, pull on, etc ds and wake him up. The afternoon nap is in bed b/c dd is taking her nap at this time, if she wakes up before him and this is about half the time I slowly roll out of the bed. I have pillows on one side of the bed and a sidecar, which we have never used on the other side so at 5 1/2 months I feel the situation is safe for now, but in a few months I'm not sure what we will do. Sorry I ramble, I hope this helps. Oh at night I nurse him to sleep and usually stay in bed for 30 minutes after he goes to sleep which he usuallly goes to sleep around 7:30 and then I stay in the room so I can see and hear him. The computer ha ha is right next to our bed or I read Mothering, pay bills our desk is also in our room etc. Hope this helps! Good luck to you!
Up