Mothering Forum banner

little pitchers have big eyes

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Quirky 
#1 ·
OMG I am so embarassed! This evening with MIL watching Abi was playing with her dollhouse. Mommy and Daddy doll were having a conversation in their bed that ended with "okay sweetie" and then the covers went on them, and daddy got on top of mommy. I kid you not! Then daddy went off to the bathroom. lol! If MIL understood that last part she pretended not to, thank goodness we don't have to talk about it! I thought we were being pretty discrete about waiting until we were asleep but obviously not. At least we made sure we were under the covers!

Dh didn't see it. He's the one fighting me moving her out of bed
because of his culture of keeping them there until they are 5, and
bonding time. I've known she (and I) were ready for the big move for several months. He has reluctantly supported my decision to move her out. After I tell him this I'm sure he'll be more agreeable to it. Either than or we'll just stop doing it in the bedroom and with IL's visiting there's really no other place to go.

So have any of your toddlers/kids caught you in the act? When do you stop "doing it" in the family bed or bedroom? Any funny stories to share?

Darshani

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I can't think of any funny stories, but my mattress is now a little over a year old and has not seen any action. We usually go into the living room or another room in the house. I think we started leaving the room when dd was about a year old- more worried about waking her up than being caught.

#6 ·
Wow, I am so worried about getting caught. DD starts out in her crib and then we will quickly go into the bedroom. But if she is in our bed I won't go elsewhere either because I am afraid she could get up and get out of bed and find us. I was just going to post a question about this but I guess some people are just not that worried about it...

my hangup I guess

#7 ·
Our general rule as long as dd is in the bedroom with us (well now she's in her own "room" in our master closet) is that we are quiet and discrete and cover ourselves with a sheet. I think in a year she'll probably start developing permanent memories and I don't want us doing it to be one of them! lol! So at that point we'll find a locked door to go behind for our private time. Hopefully she'll be in her own room by then.

Darshani

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by USAmma
I thought we were being pretty discrete about waiting until we were asleep
This is pretty much how we have sex too, in our sleep...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.