In need of some ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2003, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me just start by saying that I love sleeping with my ds. However, my poor husband has been sleeping on the couch for months and it's killing his back. If he sleeps with us ds wakes him up all night long when he wakes to nurse. Also our bed is a queen (queen is smaller than a king right?) Not comfortable.
ds (8 months) used to sleep half the night in his crib. Now he won't go in there at all. He hates the crib. He wakes from a dead sleep the minute his head touches that crib mattress.
We tried pushing his crib against our bed and removing one side but ds won't stay in there. He just crawls right into bed with us. He is very sweet.
He probably nurses five times a night so putting him in another room will just have me getitng up all night long. What to do? What to do? It would be ideal if he slept in his own space, and even more ideal if he slept in his own room but I don't feel he is old enough to wean at night. I thought about putting a futon on the floor, and nursing him a couple times less at night in hopes he will sleep longer stretches so as not to wake the working daddy. Anyways, sorry to ramble. Anyone have any brilliant ideas
Thanks
Michelle

, mama to DS(7/)22/02) DS (8/14/04) , and an angel (3/10/10)nursing a broken heart...loving my boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2003, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I fully understand what you are going through, we have a king size bed, and it still doesnt seem big enough, my ds is a bed hog, so tonight I am trying him in the crib, its about 1:30 in the morning here and I have been in there like 3 times so far...

Good luck, wish I could help more

User Tag List