dd is sick and won't sleep - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-10-2003, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
she napped fine today. But won't sleep tonight more than 1 hour and that's only if I hold her upright. I can't sleep in a chair though, I get really uncomfortable. I've tried propping her up so that she can breath easier but it won't do. She has a runny nose but no fever or other symptoms.
I'm at a lose on what to do. I know that no one is probably up right now but I'm looking for solutions in case we go through this tomorrow.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 3 Old 04-10-2003, 09:16 AM

My little guy spent many a night in his carseat beside my bed.

cracking the window helped clear him out.

saline nose drops helped.

How old is she? Old enough for any medicine? Its always a toss up for me when it comes to medicines, but sometimes we get to the point where I realize he needs a good night of sleep before he can begin to heal.
#3 of 3 Old 04-10-2003, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

she's 10 months old. We gave her tylenol because she was obviously needing something to help her sleep. I do think it helped a little but not much. She and I didn't get more than an hours worth of sleep all night. I think she was just waking easily and had a hard time going back to sleep on her own.
This is so hard for me because she's slept 11 hours a night since she was 9 weeks old and has always gone to sleep easily. My body just was not prepared for last night.
I'm pretty sure it will be the same thing again tonight.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page