Mothering Forum banner

cosleeping toddler addicted to pregnant tummy...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FreeRangeMama 
#1 ·
Hi there
I am 19 weeks pregnant and have an 18 month ds. We cosleep. Dh sleeps in another room (he joins us in bed on weekend mornings). Ds has been weaned for almost a month. Lately he seems to be 'addicted' to my bare tummy. I know that must sound odd, but when he is tired or feels upset, he needs to have my naked tummy to rub or put his face on. I have never heard of this before. At bedtime, dh and I lie down with him and cuddle him until he falls asleep. He usually falls asleep on my tummy and then if he wakes at night, rubs my tummy again to fall back to sleep. I think its adorable, but I am worried about the future. My tummy is going to continue getting bigger - soon he won't be able to lie on it AND I don't know how we will all sleep once bambino arrives.

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks - Emma

#2 ·
I am 19 weeks too and ds has developed a recent love affair with my tummy. He wants to sleep on top of it (which isn't gonna work much longer) or use it for a pillow (which is weird for him). Plus he is always lifting up my shirt to peer inside my belly button (looking for the baby I think). It is very sweet, but he is so rough that it gets painful as well. Plus, it is torture on my back to have this big belly and a 30 lb child putting pressure on it. Hope you find some solutions

Laurie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.