dd wants to stay up until 11!...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-16-2003, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 1 yr old is not going to sleep until 11 at night and sometimes waking at 8. that can't be fulfilling the sleep she needs. we start her routine at 8 pm...maybe we should start earlier-but will she be tired and ready to go down? any suggestions??

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#2 of 6 Old 04-16-2003, 03:31 AM

My ds doesn't go to sleep until about 11 pm either. He doesn't get up until 9 or 10 am though. He still takes one two hour nap during the day.

Is your little one napping during the day? If so, how much?
#3 of 6 Old 04-16-2003, 06:35 PM

If my ds has reached a new milestone he will be harder to get to sleep. Like when he started to sit alone. I call him "Party time Jayden". Sometimes the teething is bothering him and that causes us to get to sleep later. Gas has been a factor before.

I would also ask these questions. Are you drinking more caffene? Are you eating more gassy foods? Like lots of dark greens? Are you gassy or constipated, because if you are your little one probably is too.

Hope this helps and you get this figured out.
#4 of 6 Old 04-16-2003, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

i am a little guilty of drinking a mocha in the afternoon-but could that have such an effect on her? today she has only napped for a 1/2 hour-just wants to nurse instead. i'm starting our evening routine a little earlier tonite and will try to get her down by 9. wish us luck....

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#5 of 6 Old 04-16-2003, 10:30 PM

What is the problem with her going down at 11 and getting up at 8? Is she cranky during the day? Is she overly tired?

My DD is nine months old and has pretty much gone to bed around 11 pm since the day she was born, give or take a few brief phases here and there. She wakes up around 9. Works great for us.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. OTOH, if it is disrupting her sleep or behaviour, then I wish you much luck with your earlier routine!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-22-2003, 11:02 AM

we've always had a night owl, right now her bedtime is sometime between 10 and 11, the only time we've ever had a bedtime before 9 has been when she's jet-lagged. Honestly, I'd follow her cues, she's obviously not ready to go to bed at 8 and dragging bedtime out for three hours must be frustrating. If you do want to move her back, try doing it by about 5 minutes a day and you'll probably get better results.

If she's happy during the day, I'd be tempted to leave it alone, she doesn't need to get up for school so there's no reason to be in bed early. In our case, I find a late bedtime works really well, dd takes a nice long nap in the afternoon and gets lots of time with daddy in the evening.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page