DS got a shiner! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2003, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG last night I was awakened by a loud thud and then DS crying. He apparently banged his head on the bedrail and when we woke up this morning he had a black eye!!! Poor baby. What should I do? He is 20 months and has been full time cosleeping with up for only 3 months. Before that we were reactive cosleepers. Now that he is in bed with us things are great. he sleeps all night and raely wants to nurse until morning. I just got an Elmo bed rail about a month ago. before that he was sleeping in the middle and always ended up with is feet on dh's head.

Has anyone else had problems with bedrails? Now I am worried he is going to fall out eventhough I have the floor covered with pillows!!!!

Maybe this is just another chapter in the continuing saga of cosleeping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 PM

Do you have a crib you could side car with your bed (there was a great thread a couple of days ago with an explination of how to do this.)

Anyway, I have done this with our cribs when the kids were old enough to wiggle and fall out of bed. They'd lie in the crib and I would lay next to it, so if they rolled out of the crib they'd roll into me. That way I didn't need to worry about guardrails.

Just a thought.
#3 of 3 Old 04-22-2003, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to talk DH into sidecarring the crib for a while but DS naps in his crib and that is usually our only time for nookie! Men!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page