You know you have a family bedroom when... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilliesMom View Post
You wake up sore & stiff from being pinned in one position.....because your nursing toddler is lying sideways across your chest,there's a cat on your head, a dog on one side of your leg & another dog on the other side.....

You buy a King size bed so everyone will fit but there's still no room because your toddler insists on forming the letter "H" between you & DH.
hee hee - this is me.

Here is my addition. . .
you wake up to your babe crawling over you in his/her sleep and babbling at the same time

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek_the_girl View Post
You get punched in the face by your kiddo while they kick your partner in the nuts. And she looks soo peaceful when she sleeps...
This is hilarious!

I love these! Here are mine:

...the last thing your 2-year-old says before falling asleep is "thank you nursie, Mama!" with the sweetest smile.

...Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are the last thing you see as you fall asleep and the first thing you see waking up because they "sleep" standing up on the nighttable.

...your 2-year-old goes to sleep with the covers pulled over his head because he is nursing in the "bat cave."

...you forget there are actually people who do not co-sleep (I forget how "weird" we are sometimes )

...the salesman at the mattress store looks at you weird because you only buy a king size mattress - no box spring, no bed frame - just a mattress.
#63 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM

... you have pulled out a breast when half asleep and tried to nurse DH when he stirred in his sleep

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#64 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 05:18 PM

these are hillarious... here's mine...

you've woken up looking frantically for the babe, only to find her under the sheets by your feet.

you've woken up wondering what the heck is at your feet when you're dd's face pops out the other end of the covers and says "im just rubbing your feet mum"

you've yanked the mattress off beds at hotels or other peoples houses, to make a cozy sleep spot for all.

you were bought a crib and it turned into a great laundry hamper!

I especially like the one about the big girl bed...that just happened today and dd looked at the lady like she was nuts!

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#65 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 PM

I am loving this thread!! I have expericenced so many of these but would not change it for the world!!:
#66 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 06:20 PM

great thread!!!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#67 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 PM

...You need to be kneaded at night.
#68 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Does the hair twirling drive you :? I am seriously thinking of buying dd a hairpiece to sleep with!
: I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the middle of the night and wondered where on earth you would buy a hairpiece! (And would I freak out in the middle of the night if I woke up and saw it?)

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
#69 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 07:12 PM

apperantly som of you are sleeping with MY child -- which leads me to wonder why i am not getting more sleep.

(but mine PULLS hair to self sooth)

Mine refuses blankets on his OR me -- appeartly he likes his milk chilled.

---When you wake to baby cooing, and DH saying "it is still dark, go back to sleep" and tot actually laughs and beging patting daddy.

---DS is nurseing while DH is getting intrested behind you (do I have any vote in this body any more).

Though I DO WISH my DS would get his own boob at night -- this 14 month old who can undo shirts in teh daytime, refuses to ever ROLL over for it at nbight -- he wakes and fusses, then cires if i am not FAST enogh (and I don't get long at all) and expects me to roll him, move him, and put the boob within inches of his mouth..........................i really though babies got their own boobs...not this one.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#70 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
Though I DO WISH my DS would get his own boob at night -- this 14 month old who can undo shirts in teh daytime, refuses to ever ROLL over for it at nbight -- he wakes and fusses, then cires if i am not FAST enogh (and I don't get long at all) and expects me to roll him, move him, and put the boob within inches of his mouth..........................i really though babies got their own boobs...not this one.

Aimee
that was my dd1, to a tee, even at 2yo. i couldn't figure out what people meant when they said they slept thru nightnursing. now, dd2, she'd get my t-shirt up and everything, if i could manage to not sleep on my stomach!

my signature is usually illegible
#71 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You have to start wearing panties to bed because your toddler's toes are getting tangled in your short and curlies at night.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#72 of 72 Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 PM

When you wake up in the morning to a little hand grabbing your nose, and a delighted, laughing baby when you startle

When you ease into bed every night and gingerly pull the blankets over yourself

When your dh says to you "remember when we used to have sex in bed?" and it seems so weird

when your babys foot jabs at your full bladder while she nurses

you don't own a "sleep-sack"

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page