Mothering Forum banner

alright....how do you clean baby poop off a mattress??

41K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  carpeter 
#1 ·

I woke up this morning in squishy wet baby poop (thank god shes breastfed....) and after changing her and the sheets it seems a lot of it soaked through onto my mattress.... and I have no idea how to get it out! I tried wiping with baby wipes but it just smeared it around...
any tips??
what a wonderful way to wake up, huh?

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel for you! Not as bad, but I woke up with my ds crawling on me and he threw up all over me, face and all, I knew it was going to be a dandy day, If you have a small spot cleaner or carpet cleaner, you can try that. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions. We used a carpet cleaner for cleaning our mattress a while back, but if you dont have access to one you probly wouldnt want to rent one just for that. Best of Luck to you!

#5 ·
Been there, done that!

I would wipe up all the solids, then put my weight on a towel to absorb as much moisture as possible, then scrub it with soap and water, and then drench it in Nature's Miracle- that stuff is awesome.
I have a waterproof mattress cover that's saved the bed many times too.

#7 ·
Two words BAC-OUT (or is it one word since it is hyphenated?)
BioKleen Bac-Out is amazing- natural enzymes get rid of stains and odors on everything-including baby poop on our mattress, dog diarreha (sp?) & vomit on our new carpet, baby poop stains on clothes and cloth dipes...

#8 · (Edited)
I woke up this morning in squishy wet baby poop (thank god shes breastfed....) and after changing her and the sheets it seems a lot of it soaked through onto my mattress.... and I have no idea how to get it out! I tried wiping with baby wipes but it just smeared it around...
any tips??
what a wonderful way to wake up, huh?
I feel for you!

Not as bad, but I woke up with my ds crawling on me and he threw up all over me, face and all.

I knew it was going to be a dandy day, If you have a small spot cleaner or carpet cleaner, you can try that.

Sorry I don't have any other suggestions.

We used a carpet cleaner for cleaning our mattress a while back, but if you dont have access to one you probly wouldnt want to rent one just for that. Best of Luck to you!
Upholstery shampoo and an extractor machine should get most of it out.

You can then deodorise and treat with a small amount of low content hydrogen peroxide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.