Do you, personally, enjoy cosleeping? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy cosleeping?
I love it! I'll be sad when they leave. 237 43.89%
I like it, even if sometimes it's a little uncomfortable. 176 32.59%
I don't mind it since it makes my kids happy, but it's not great for my sleep needs. 57 10.56%
I don't like it, but I put up with it for my kids' sake. 31 5.74%
We don't cosleep. 18 3.33%
Other 21 3.89%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I genuinely enjoy cosleeping and look forward to bedtime. We usually snuggle in bed for a couple of hours before we drop off to sleep. We read books, watch movies, play on the computer, talk and just cuddle.

As we're winding down our day I'll say 'hey, do you want to snuggle tonight?' And she'll say 'yes!'

She's starting to talk about sleeping in her own bed - sees it as a sign that she's becoming a 'big girl'. But I'm sure going to miss her when that day comes :
#122 of 127 Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 PM

I loved it when Ireland was little. She was nearly a year when I decided to try out the crib I can't get her to sleep in bed with me now, most nights she sits up and plays or she kicks and whines all night if I try to cosleep with her. She loves having her own bed but I definately miss the snuggling. I picked other.

Resigned from teaching to be a doula and freelance writer.  run.gifMommy to blahblah.gif (06/05) and Peace.gif(05/07) and bouncy.gif(09/09) and fly-by-nursing2.gif(02/11)

#123 of 127 Old 02-24-2007, 07:00 PM

LOVE it... I was so so so sad when my dd asked for her own bedroom (and my DS cried all night for his sister so we let him sleep with her), I think I cried every night for 3 weeks.

I think if this baby asks for their own room at 3 1/2 I'm telling them no!

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#124 of 127 Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 PM

My dd is 3 months old - we weren't planning on co-sleeping but it seems to be how she sleeps best - problem is - I don't.
#125 of 127 Old 02-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidspiration View Post
personally...i LOVE cosleeping. i enjoy it more than i ever anticipated. luckily dh is fully on board to and he is a happy cosleeping daddy as well. we love waking up to her adorable smiling face, and sometimes if we both happen to wake up at the same time in the middle of the night, we love to peer at dd's little sleepy face and marvel over her beauty.

honestly, in the past few weeks dd has been a bit feisty when nursing down to sleep, she is just so full of joy and wanting to explore but it gets to be a bit of a wrestling match...so sometimes that's not so fun for me and my poor nipples that get pulled around as she demonstrates her downward dog and karate kicks while still latched on... but i love it still...
I believe I have the male counterpart to your DD! And YES!!! We love co-sleeping!

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#126 of 127 Old 02-25-2007, 01:04 PM

I voted I love it/sad when she leaves.

I was sad when she left, and when DH is traveling I still like that she wants to sleep with me. That said, after I got over the initial shock of her wanting to be in her own bed, it was nice to have all the room back in the bed for me and DH and it was nice to get the privacy back. ALTHOUGH, I did not miss all that while she was co-sleeping. Make sense?
#127 of 127 Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 PM

I started liking it a lot more when he stopped waking up every 3 hours to nurse . Now it is very cozy, except for when he wakes up at 6:30 am and wants to play RIGHT NOW...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page