Is melatonin safe with a 1 year old? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-13-2007, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just don't think I can wait until she is 4-5yo to finally get sleep like I did with her brother

I am up at 2 am AGAIN. This girl has no natural sleep pattern that I can tell. I am so used to sleep problems with ds and nothing worked except maturity. (and I hesitate to say it works, because that always dooms me. )

Arg! Any suggestions? With ds he was at least an only child so it wasn't as difficult to deal with, but now I am fighting to keep him on schedule and try to get her to sleep at the same time. It isn't working.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#2 of 7 Old 02-13-2007, 05:54 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, but I couldn't read and not say anything I hope you can figure something out soon!
#3 of 7 Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Here's a recent thread on melatonin. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=melatonin
#4 of 7 Old 02-13-2007, 03:18 PM

I didn't read the thread but my ped recommended melatonin for my son around 1 year old. So did the chiropractor she sent us to.
#5 of 7 Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 PM

It didn't work with mine.
#6 of 7 Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 AM

While you're waiting to try out the melatonin, have you played with your light levels? Like getting the room absolutely and totally dark when you want to sleep and getting in lots and lots of light when it's time to wake up? That might also help the melatonin work better.
#7 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 AM

I would definately not use melatonin with a baby, or any other hormone for that matter. You should pick up some chamomilla 30x fast melt tabs by hylands. They are only about $7 for 250 tabs, and they are great to get the baby (and the whole family) to sleep.

Do you have a bedtime ritual? Warm bath, massage with warm oil, no tv, dim lights soft music, lower speaking voices?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page