Two nurslings in bed... practical advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD (29 months), still usually wakes up once to nurse... sometimes not at all... sometimes 3 times. She's still sleeping with us, and we're not planning on changing anything before the baby arrives (in <3 months).

My concern has been that DD will start waking more when the baby is in bed with us - from noise, but also from wanting to be close & just comfort from the changes.

Until about 24/25 months, she woke every 1.5 - 2 hours, so I guess I'm used to that... but... I'm just not sure how I'll manage with TWO nursing in bed.

I have small breasts, so nursing flat on my back doesn't work. Anyone have any advice for nursing two back to sleep in bed?

On a similar note... what's the best arrangement for placement of everyone in bed? We have a bassinette, but frankly, I don't want to get up & out of bed if I don't have to with the baby!

Right now, DD starts out on her mattress, which is basically attached - at the same level - to our bed (on the floor). She'll usually climb in to join us in the morning.

Has anyone used a snuggle nest? DH is obviously used to sleeping with a baby at this point... does anyone position their newborn between yourself & DH?

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-17-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

No one here has any ideas? :yawning:

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 PM

Hi, I am new to this site but I'll see if I can help at all. We have a 3½ DS and a 5Mo DD. I am nursing her, but couldn't keep up nursing DS past 2months. I cannot offer much up about how to nurse 2, but the sleeping arrangement that works best for us is DH, DS, me, DD. We got a mesh bedrail that is meant for toddlers to put on my side of the bed to protect DD from rolling out and suffocation concerns...you can pick them up at Target...I think they are made by First Years. We have a mini co-sleeper, but use it more as a bassinet because our bed is too high for the extenders. I usually get DD to sleep, then get DS to climb into bed with us. DH joins us after he is done studying. DD usually only wakes up 1-2 times a night and it rarely bothers my DS. HTH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page