What size is your family bed? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: What size bed(s) do you have?
King 111 36.27%
Queen with side-car crib 22 7.19%
Queen with other side-car 19 6.21%
Queen 95 31.05%
Other - please explain 59 19.28%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
King and its just perfect!
#92 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 04:11 PM

King, on the floor, with DD's crib mattress (never used in the crib that's in the attic - hahahaha!) on the floor - boosted by blankets up to the level of our bed. Not sure at this point what's gonna happen come June... baby will probably go in the middle... or, maybe DH & I will switch sides, and baby will be on my side, with a rail of some sort on my side (don't know if you can install a rail though, with a mattress directly on the floor....)

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#93 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 PM

WOW! So many kings around here! We have a queen. I had dd in a basked hanging from the ceiling right next to my bed when she was newb. now we are all three cuddled like bugs in a rug. We tried to see if dd would sleep in her bed (in our room) but she won't have it.... maybe we'll upgrade to a king when the next one makes it's entrance.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#94 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM

king
#95 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 06:09 PM

we have a queen with an arms reach co-sleeper.... that holds my daughter;s diapers, wipes and my lap-top, also works as a guard rail since our bed is high. The babe and I sleep facing eachother, on the mattress... we are hoping to do away with the co-sleeper and get a low king sz. soon.
#96 of 101 Old 04-20-2007, 06:18 PM

queen+twin, on floor. dd1 in twin next to wall, then me, dd2, papa. twin is "dd1's bed," with her own sheets, comforter. lately dd1 has been asking dd2: "you want to have a sleepover?" and dd2 will start the night off next to dd1, sharing covers. then dd2 will wake at night and say (well, whine, really) "i want to go back to MY bed," and climb over me to her usual spot.

hopefully one day before high school, they will move together into the double bed in "the girls' room, which currently is a toy/clothes room.

we spent the first year of dd1's life all in a double. when we got it, the queen seemed vast to us!

my signature is usually illegible
#97 of 101 Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Two doubles pushed together.
#98 of 101 Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 PM

We have a king. I tried various other arrangements but my babies liked to be right next to me and I tend to roll over them to switch sides at night. Oh I wish I could have had one when my first was tiny but our bedroom was too small! Now that my one year old is mobile I have the bed against the wall on our side. It works well!
#99 of 101 Old 04-24-2007, 03:35 PM

We have a queen, I wish we had a king, cause most of the time both boys are trying to get in. We've fit in there before, but it sure is tight!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#100 of 101 Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

we have a king size with a twin pushed up against it. We also have a co-sleeper on my side for Trinity. Lelani and Rosie are in the middle and dh is on the twin. All these people plus my kitty kat.
#101 of 101 Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Just wishing i had a king size bed... we have a queen, and ds 1 now sleeps in his own bed most of the night, but when he crawls in with us in the middle of the night, it gets really crowded! (me, dh, ds1 and ds2)

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page