how do u hear them, if they cry out .... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-17-2003, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
once you've put them to bed and you're **** up? Do yall use monitors? The thread about getting to sleep was a good idea! I was wondering about that.....going to bed early or what....:

TIA!
#2 of 9 Old 06-17-2003, 09:58 PM

We have a monitor but rarely use it. No worries in our house, it's tiny... we can hear every little moan, groan and chatter in his sleep (lately, he's been dreaming about backhoes). If we are going to be outside on the porch, I turn the monitor on...

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#3 of 9 Old 06-17-2003, 10:51 PM

We go to bed with babe. If he goes to sleep before us he is either in the sling or lying on the couch next to us. In the morning, I get up before ds. I also have a small home so will hear him when he wakes. Usually, I go into the bedroom and lie next to him right before he wakes. I know his schedule so I just go in.
#4 of 9 Old 06-18-2003, 05:31 AM

I too am rarely out of the room and we live in a small condo, but the master bedroom is upstairs and so since I'd rather hear her start fussing before she gets too upset, we use the monitors we got for a shower gift. If she is taking a nap and I'm trying to get something done I'll use them as well. Though often she naps on my lap and we go to bed at the same time so its a non-issue.
#5 of 9 Old 06-18-2003, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our small house is spread outover 4 floors so we use a moniter if she isn't sleeping on the main floor..

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 9 Old 06-18-2003, 03:22 PM

Well we don't co-sleep (I just can't sleep with them there) so my kids have been in their own rooms since the beginning. I have a baby monitor in the little one's rooms. We always respond immediatly and have never done CIO. My son knows just to call for us so he'll go to the door and say "daddy I'm up!" He doesn't usualy wake at night but last night he did and he just called for us. That's whats nice about having kids that trust you, they don't have to scream for help!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#7 of 9 Old 06-18-2003, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly
That's whats nice about having kids that trust you, they don't have to scream for help!
that is sweet!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#8 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 06:02 AM

I stay up way later than my 8.5 month old so once he nurses to sleep I put him in the crib (I am in the same room on the computer). So if he makes a peep I can hear him. When I go to bed I just bring him with me. Or if he wakes up I just go to bed then and he nurses back to sleep in my bed. He also doesnt cry when he wakes up! I think he knows I would never leave him so he is confident that he doesnt have to scream for attention.

Desiree

#9 of 9 Old 06-20-2003, 08:47 AM

I am in the small house catagory. Dds bedroom is right next to ours. She sleeps in a crib for the first part of the night, then when she wakes up in the night I bring her to bed with us. The two rooms share a heat vent, so even with the doors shut I can hear when she begins to fuss.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page