Conflicted feelings about nightweaning--no more! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2003, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

I wanted to give an update with our nightweaning progress. Last night was our fifth night (third night with no nursing for 7 hours), and it was a huge success! My dd only got restless once and only for a few minutes. We're making huge progress!

More importantly, though, I'm feeling really good about our decision to nightwean. Until today I felt conflicted about it--thinking a good AP-ing mama wouldn't even think about limiting nursing sessions of even an 11-month old. I was feeling very guilty, but we decided to continue anyway in hopes of TTC.

This morning, however, dh and I realized a huge benefit of nightweaning that we didn't even think about. Last night our dd, instead of clinging to me, slept in the middle of the bed for part of the night and a few times went over to dh and cuddled with him! For the first time ever! Dh was incredibly happy.

So it seems that she is weaning in a sense--growing more independent from me--but in doing so she's getting closer to dh. Don't get me wrong, I love how much she needs me and loves me, but it's so wonderful to see her close to dh too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2003, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is great!!

I am happy it's working for you. i am in the middle of trying to decide if now is the right time to night wean my 18 month old DD.

Thanks for your success story it is a great encouragment!!

User Tag List