waking multiple times!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2003, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't expect my dd to sleep through the night or for her to have the same sleep patterns that her sister did but I am becoming rather anxious about her mulitple wakings at night! for the 1st 4mos or so, she was great (looking back, that is) she would sleep the first 4-6hrs and then start waking every approx 2hrs. Well, the last 2mos, maybe its longer its hard to remember, she gets up every 2hrs or less, all night long! from 8:00 'til 6:00. Its not the smooth process it was with my older dd, who was really consistent about waking up 2x at the same times every night and just rolling over and nursing, I hardly woke up! I always felt rested for the most part. This one wakes up rather grumpy almost from the get go if I don't give her the breast immed she actually starts kicking me, and fussing terribly. I can usu respond v.quickly the first time she wakes, but it gets harder and harder as she interrupts my sleep through the night. And then she usu only nurses for a few minutes and then abruptly rolls over and goes back to sleep. I am getting anxious about how little good sleep I am getting and how it is affecting my waking days. And why is she waking so much? anyone else have a little one that wakes this many times through the night? it doesn't seem like she is hungry, often she hardly nurses at all, but just has to have the reinforcement that I'm there, or my breast is anyways Help!

User Tag List