Now that we're cosleeping she won't nap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We finally broke down and started cosleeping with our 7 month old since she was waking multiple times a night in the crib but now I can't get her to take a nap!

Before we were cosleeping she would nap just fine in her crib at least 1-2 times a day but now that she is used to being in the bed she won't sleep in the crib at all. Okay, fine, she will only nurse to sleep so I've tried nursing her to sleep and then setting her gently in the bed. No go. If she doesn't wake up immediately, she wakes up five minutes later crying.

Basically she will only sleep if I lie down and sleep with her. This is all and good but mommy doesn't always want to or have the time with her other five year old running around to nap with baby. Consequently she isn't getting any nap at all during the day.

Then of course she decides around 9p.m that she wants to go to bed and won't go unless mommy goes with her but mommy isn't ready to go yet. So she cries and cries or nurses and nurses until I go to bed with her. I've tried lying down and getting back up but that doesn't work.

This cosleeping thing is not making me very happy right now. Not only is she staying up until we retire at night now but she won't nap during the day. I have no free time to myself in the day and no time to get anything done. This sucks. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Can you nurse her to sleep in your bed---then get up?
#3 of 8 Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

No, I've tried. Not unless I stay in there with her the whole time.
#4 of 8 Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM

I know it's not the best solution, but can you wear her for naps? My DD is really awful about napping and settling down for the night, too.
#5 of 8 Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I've tried that too and it is hit or miss. First of all, if I'm not moving constantly she won't fall asleep at all. I tried it today while I went through DS's closet and she wouldn't doze. This worked better when she was younger but these days although she likes to be worn she won't sleep that way.
#6 of 8 Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewytch View Post
Well, I've tried that too and it is hit or miss. First of all, if I'm not moving constantly she won't fall asleep at all. I tried it today while I went through DS's closet and she wouldn't doze. This worked better when she was younger but these days although she likes to be worn she won't sleep that way.
Sounds like my DD. I'm sorry your dealing w/ this. If you come up w/ that magic solution, share it w/ me!
#7 of 8 Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 PM

Have you tried a baby hammock? We bought one from Amby online for my daughter's naps. She felt snug and secure, and the hammock moves and sways when she moved and swayed. It worked so much better for us than a crib.
#8 of 8 Old 07-26-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

I tell you, I wish I had bought one. We even considered it but bought the darn crib instead because we figured for the money it would last longer. Wouldn't it be almost too late to use one of those now that she is almost 8 mos?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page