Sleep Books - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are the good sleep problem resolving books? (Not just for babies....for all ages.)

We are having bedtime and naptime battles with both children.

It's starting to get ugly.

We need a sticky of books!

PS-Or better yet, websites so I can have some access to info immedietly!!!
#2 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 PM

I highly recommend Sleepless in America by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#3 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM

I love the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. And one of the big reasons I like it so much is because I didn't feel like I was being preached at to DO something specific or bash what I was doing, but rather it explained the biology of sleep patterns. I learned about sleep, and used that knowledge to do what I felt was best for my girls (which happened to be very different for both of them). This book also covers older children and some sleep issues that come up.

I know a big one that many people on the boards here love is the No Cry Sleep Solution. I have that one, too, and it has lots of great tips.

No matter what books I seem to come across for parenting it seems the best thing for our family is to take what good we can out of them, and do what works for us.
#4 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM

Here's an online excerpt for Sleepless in America: Is Your Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?

HTH!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#5 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
Oooo I'm gonna check that one out!
#6 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM

My favorite is Nighttime Parenting by Dr. Sears.

Adele geek.gif, Mommy to Adelia hearts.gif7/31/2000, wife to Rod fuzmalesling.gif, and co-owner of Max dog2.gif

#7 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
OMG! I LOVE HER! I didnt realize she wrote that book, It rings a bell now that you mention the title though....and I still havent read it.

I will check the library today for it! (I am so desperate at the moment. I keep fighting with my little ones, out of desperation and I am not happy about it at all. But I have no energy to put into guessing what to do at night, I just fight, and it hurts for a minute...and then we are done.
#8 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM

I think her book will definitely help Her approach is extremely gentle and considers the very important emotional and developmental needs of individual children as well as their families....unlike the numerous "sleep experts" out there

#9 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
OMG! I LOVE HER! I didnt realize she wrote that book, It rings a bell now that you mention the title though....and I still havent read it.

I will check the library today for it! (I am so desperate at the moment. I keep fighting with my little ones, out of desperation and I am not happy about it at all. But I have no energy to put into guessing what to do at night, I just fight, and it hurts for a minute...and then we are done.
I also love this author! I'm going to check out this book as well! Does it concentrate more on older children or babes and tots too?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page