3yo waking up EARLY / breast twiddling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son has stopped napping at 3yo and falls asleep sometime between 6-7pm. But he's started waking in the morning between 4am-5am (we co-sleep), asking NON-STOP if he can nurse, if it's 6 o'clock (the time DH and I say we aren't getting out of bed until), and CONTINUOUS kneading/twiddling of my breasts. He has always been an early riser but this is far too early. We've tried putting him down to sleep very early and very late, neither seems to affect this early waking.

He night weaned himself a long time ago, and I don't want to go back to that, as I am sort of reaching a limit on nursing. Besides, except for when he was newborn, nursing only invigorated him.

Any suggestions to get him to go back to sleep? I'm wondering if what we've tried doing in our sleepless stupor to get him to sleep later is backfiring on us now:
1. allowing him to hold my breasts - this helps him fall asleep but keeps us both awake in the early a.m.
2. telling him he can't get up before 6am (he can see the clock and seems to wait for it to turn 6). Now he repeatedly asks if it's 6am.
3. telling him that we're not going to nurse until 6am. So he keeps asking if it's 6am and he can nurse.
4. telling him he can get up and play but we're not getting up until 6am (our place is very small, and we just lie there and listen to him). This means that he just comes into the bedroom non-stop asking the same questions as above!

Lately he doesn't want to get up alone, just to lie there and grab my breasts. I am really going out of my mind. I think I could deal with either the constant breast squeezing or the early waking but not both. I could really use some help, I'm so tired, I've lost all basic common sense on this.

Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page