she's STTN!!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 12-09-2007, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to share a little bit of success and thank you for everyone's support.
DD just turned 1, and on most nights will sleep 6-7 hrs, sometimes 8 hrs!!
We had a heck of a time with her at first. The first 3 months she was actually doing alright (4-6hr stretches) but then 4 months hit and she was every 2 hrs up until 11 months. I did do the Dr. Jay Gordon method of night weaning and it worked for us. I think we were both ready. I am still nursing her during the day and cosleeping as well. The cosleeping really helps. If she does wake in the middle of the night, she'll toss and turn a few seconds, snuggles up to me and goes back to sleep.
I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and having this forum. It kept me sane, knowing that there are many parents out there who choose not to CIO and that it is the right thing to do. It was (and still is) hard work but it is absolutely the right way to go.
Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm encouraged to hear this! My other two finally slept through the night around 1 as well, but by then I had pretty well transitioned them to full-time crib sleeping. Ds2 however, seems to be much more content as a full-time cosleeper, and I've been concerned about ever getting some consistent sleep! So, I'm glad to hear that co-sleeping and STTN are compatible concepts!

~ Meredith, mom to dd(Jan '02), ds1(May '04) and ds2 (June '07) ~ :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page