Laughing himself to sleep - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-18-2003, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tonight I layed in bed with my 8 month old. I was thinking about the million other things that I needed to do. He would nurse for a minute, roll over and play a bit, come back to nurse. Then he was over the nursing thing and would just roll back and forth. Then he started laughing uncontrollably. You know, the belly laugh. He would touch my stomach then the bed sheet and laugh and laugh. He giggled himself all the way to sleep! In came my 5 year old to lay on the other side of me. Soon he was sleeping. Instead of getting up I had to lay there for a moment and enjoy it. My baby laughed himself to sleep instead of crying. He used me for comfort instead of a stuffed animal or pillow. My 5 year old still does it. Many nights so does my 11 year old. I am truly blessed. I just had to share.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 9 Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 PM

what a cool story. joe sometimes wakes me up by laughing in the middle of the night. what a precious sound. if he was in his own room down the hall i would miss so much!

i had tears in my eyes thinking of the love you have for your kids, it comes through in your post!!
#3 of 9 Old 08-19-2003, 01:22 AM

I remeber my dd used to wake up and sit right up in our bed in the middle of the night and just start babbling away and laughing and smiling, she was trying to have a real conversation with us. It was like she was telling us about this great dream she just had and could not wait til morning to share it with us. It was so cute and I remember saying to dh if we did not co-sleep and she was in a crib we would miss this stuff. It is one of my favorite night time parenting moments.
#4 of 9 Old 08-19-2003, 03:23 AM

What an awesome post to read at bedtime. Both of my boys are snoozing away and I'm back to squeeze myself back in the middle. Such happy little people.

Thanks for the happy thoughts. You've made some great choices as a parent!

#5 of 9 Old 08-19-2003, 07:41 AM

:LOL

Isn't it one of the sweetest things to see and hear your babe/child laughing in his/her sleep?

ekblad7, how beautiful that your ds actually laughed himself to sleep.
#6 of 9 Old 08-19-2003, 11:00 PM

my son never quite laughed himself to sleep, but he certainly laughed himself to complete exhaustion! I used to think he was going nuts (not really), but he'd get so silly right before drifiting off. My DH and I would laugh with him. He'd kick his feet on the bed, nurse some, roll around, sit up, lay back until finally he was worn out. Now, at 11 months, his favorite thing is to sit up abruptly and try to stand up and hit the blinds on the window above our bed (while laughing). Right when I think he's about asleep.

Babies, kids are just so dang adorable!
#7 of 9 Old 08-20-2003, 02:02 AM

thanks for that story ... a fun picture ...

#8 of 9 Old 08-23-2003, 01:22 AM

What a sweet story! I love it!
#9 of 9 Old 08-24-2003, 12:07 AM

That is so sweet, thanks for sharing it! don't you love that baby bellylaugh?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page