Bed rail for cosleeping ina queen bed ?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right now we dont have a bed rail, never have. But now that DD is bigger and sitting up in the bed and climbing we need a rail.
We have a TALL queen bed that when I get home next week I am going to lower by putting it in a different frame and then Im going to scoot it against the wall. But even though it will be against the wall I still need something to put between the bed and wall to keep her from falling in between.

So are there any good rails that will fit a queen and are within a small military budget ?? I really cannot afford the Humanity sleeper or I would SOO be all over it.
I have tried the pool noodles but they arent big enough to keep her from climbing over.

TIA !
#2 of 4 Old 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM

You could try this trick -- it might work and is worth a shot if you can rig it safely.

Take either one thick quilt or two thinner ones (or blankets -- just make sure it's something that can be rolled tightly but will hold its shape and be tall enough). Fold in half and roll lengthwise. Then take bandanas or something similar and tie around the middle and ends to hold it in place. Put this *under* the fitted sheet, against the wall.

If you're needing it for the other side of the bed (not against a wall) you can take a long rope and put it inside the folded quilt, then roll around the rope. Be sure when you do this that you pull the rope under the mattress ahead of time. After it's rolled up, and bound with bandanas, etc., tie the rope at the head of the bed and tuck the knot under the mattress. This will help it stay in place.

It's tricky and kind of a pain to do, but it's cheaper than a SnugTuck pillow, though it can't be cinched like a ST can be.

We have a ST on our king bed and it's no longer tall enough for our needs. So I took a quilt and rolled it around the ST, and bound it with scarves to hold in place. Now it's a lot taller (but wider too) and works great.

If you're not wanting to go that route, wal-mart and BRU both sell rails that are around $20.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 4 Old 01-16-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Ill have to see if I can ome up with some blankets. We have a bunch of rope so Im good there.
I have an old comforter but It might be too thick.

Ill have to give that a try. Thanks !
#4 of 4 Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 PM

Just make sure to put a fitted sheet over it, as that will keep your little one from getting caught between it and the mattress, and should also help keep it in place.

Good luck! Hope it works.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page