vomiting at night and not waking up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD vomited last night in her crib, but she never woke up. Is this normal? She usually sleeps for the first half of the night in her crib and then I bring her into the bed to nurse halfway through the night. Last night she slept until 7:30am, without making a peep. When DH went into get her she had dried vomit all over her- it was the cherry yogurt she had yesterday
This is the second time she has done this, and thank god she didn't get choked. I just don't know why she doesn't wake up. She seems fine today, so I don't know if it is a sign that she is getting sick or just ate something too rich for her tummy.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#2 of 3 Old 02-05-2008, 05:50 AM

I don't know if it is normal but both of my children do/have done this. (and have from the time they were just born)

This is part of the reason that I never put my kids on their backs. I am paranoid about it but as my dd has gotten older she seems to sense that something is amiss and turn her head so that she isn't in danger of choking etc.It has been somewhat of an ongoing concern and even now when dd is ill I spend a lot of time making sure she is propped up just in case she vomits while sleeping.

Was there something different about what/when she ate? Did she end up getting sick?

dd is 6 and it has taken a LONG time for her to sense that she may vomit while she is sleeping. She wakes up the majority of the time now!
#3 of 3 Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
PPK

Not to scare you further, but my sister choked and most likely would've died if I didn't happen to still be awake to tell my parents she was blue (I was very young, didnt know what to make of it). I think she had gagged on some of her hair (I still to this day pull my hair up before bed )

I always put a roll of recieving blankets behind ds when he's asleep without me in bed to prop him on his side (he's swaddled so he usually can't roll anywhere). I never understood the "back to sleep" idea for this reason.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page