omfg!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2008, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We co sleep, always have....

My son used to go to bed on his own though - then I started working when he was about 16 months of age. It all sort of went backwards from there. I didnt mind of course - but it did mean I had to lay down with him for him to fall asleep at night. He went from being an independent little lad to being what everyone called ...the dreaded word ugh...'clingy'.

Anyroad - as I said...I didnt mind...

BUT

Tonight when we were putting DS to bed...daddy gets home late so their time of the day is milk and story time. Daddy said 'good night'....etc and then DS said 'Goodnight daddy, Goodnight mummy'.......but this was before I had got in bed with him to snuggle down and wait for him to fall asleep...before he would never let me leave the room!

Its a small step but its a step. DS went to sleep (in our bed of course lol) on his own!!!! ....!!! He said goodnight to me and I took that as a hint to carry on and left the room. I stayed upstairs but I didnt have to lay down next to him! .... Before he would freak! omg!! Hes growing up!!!!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 4 Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM

Hey! That's great!

Isn't it amazing when they finally make a step forward like that? It is heartbreaking at the same time though ... I remember the first time my oldest son fell asleep without me, he cuddled up with his stuffed kitty and I felt the most overwhelming jealousy of that stuffed cat.

Good job, you have a secure and healthy sleeper!
(ps, just clicked your links, um, your ds is your spitting image.)

Jennie Young

#3 of 4 Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Wow, that is terrific! And honestly, I think that is pretty amazing that a 2 1/2 year old decided on his own to go to bed by himself. Congrats!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#4 of 4 Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM

Wow that is great!
I have a "clingy" one myself. lol. Good to be reminded we are raising secure and independent little sleepers - thanks for sharing!

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page