Foir the first time in 8 months she slept through the night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2003, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so it is most likely due to her feeling under the weather and not napping all afternoon yesterday but I can not help getting excited! She actualy slept from 10pm-4am last night after months of waking up every two hours. Hmmm, who am I kidding, this kid has never slept longer then 3 hours in her entire life!

Know what the worst part is? After getting such a good nights sleep, and remember what it is like to sleep through a whole night, I m afraid of tonight. :LOL

I guess I have a question for you all. If it was her not having her afternoon nap that helped her sleep through the night would you encourage her to stay awake through it again? It is a horrible thought, and I know she was cranky and over tired when she did fall asleep last night, but oh the long sleep was heavenly!

I am such a bad mommy

MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2003, 06:05 PM
pip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hooray for you!!! Oh stop that bad mommy talk, you are a great mommy who has survived 8 months on broken sleep. You are allowed to be happy to get more!!!

As for the nap thing, it may well have helped this time, but I think it is a trap. Whenever I'm tempted to give in on the nap thing Luka sleeps really badly at night from being overtired. It's also much harder for him to fall asleep when he's overtired. I know it seems crazy, but I really think good daytime naps help good nighttime sleep. The more they sleep the more they want to sleep.

Of course, I'm not really one to talk given that our formerly well rested babe has just had a whole month with only three good nights... :

Let us know how it goes!

User Tag List