My Toddler won't sleep. Please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been at home with my children for a little over two years. Due to our old home not selling and paying two mortgages I had to return to work last week.

I'm an RN and hospital hours were just not going to work for our family. I am doing Pediatric Home Health care and work from 8:00 to 5:00. I work with really medically intensive kids on ventilators etc so they require constant care.

My DS is adjusting well. The change in routine doesn't seem to be bothering him at all.

My poor DD on the other hand is not taking this very well. She is to start going to Montessori during the day while I work on Thursday. Last week and this week she has been at home with my DH while I have worked.

DD is still breastfed, she is 22 months old. She has always been worn and loved on constantly by me.

For the last several months we would nurse to sleep and then I would put her in her toddler bed. She would sleep there until around 5:45 and then would come into bed with me to nurse and go back to sleep until around 7:00.

Well since our routine has changed she will.not.sleep. For the last week she has been nursing to the point of sleep and then will immediately wake up. I laid with her in her bed to nurse down and she would not stay asleep. I put her into bed with me and she will not do more than nurse and then get up to play. I tried nursing in our usual chair and then putting her down...no go. Last night I put her in her bed and sat there and talked to her and sang to her.....she was still wide awake at midnight. (We started trying to go to sleep at 8:30)

Thankfully DS sleeps like a rock and isn't being disturbed by this. I am exhausted though. Suddenly being back at work and not getting any sleep is making me feel like a zombie.

I know she is feeling insecure and that is leading to the sleep issues. I understand that and it breaks my heart.

I'm just not sure what to do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
#2 of 2 Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no advice but I wanted to offer hugs to you!

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page