you know you have a crappy sleeper when.... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Co-sleeping and the Family Bed > you know you have a crappy sleeper when....
Cartesia's Avatar Cartesia 04:31 PM 04-15-2009
* when you must stay in constant motion like a shark

* when you weigh 15 pounds less than your pre-pregnancy weight b/c of the constant motion

* when you give "die now" dirty looks to people in the park who do audible things like talk or laugh when you obviously have a BABY in a wrap

* when your DP buys you a massage & you say "no you take it, I'd rather sleep"

* when you can't go to mama's groups or even LLL meetings b/c other babies might be sleeping there and that is just too upsetting

* when you have to carry a gym ball for bouncing naps if you want to go over to a friends house with your LO

....and....forget peeing.....

* when you consider pooping in the desk trashcan, close enough to the bouncy ball that the LO might sleep through it....

HoneybeeWaterfall's Avatar HoneybeeWaterfall 10:46 PM 04-15-2009
(I love you people.)

*When you await those last four teeth like the second coming because you hold out a tiny flame of hope that will signal a great sea change is coming.

*When at work talking about adult topics you regularly forget how you started a sentence before you end it. Short sentences.

I saw a co-worker from a different building today and commented that my 19 mo DS is still not sleeping. She said, "Really? Well how do you cope? My DS [16 mo] sleeps 11-12 hours every night. I get up and do my thing in the morning and when I go in his room he is playing quietly." She could be lying but her son just joined the toddler room at my daycare and he is mellow.

How do I cope????????????? How do I cope??? (Breaking off to hysterical laughter.)
AngeliqueW's Avatar AngeliqueW 10:12 PM 04-18-2009
...when you wonder if nipples can get worn off while LO nurses all night.
...when you have them nap on your lap in front of the computer while you surf the net so you can feel like you got to do something for yourself.
...when DH (who snores through all baby wakings) says, "I'm so tired." and you have to take a deep breath and count to ten.
...when your MIL asks how baby is sleeping and you sigh and change the subject.
...when friend complains that her baby woke up twice during the night and you choke and shoot herbal tea out of your nose.
Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one.
mamabearsoblessed's Avatar mamabearsoblessed 10:37 AM 04-19-2009
[QUOTE=AngeliqueW;13579641...when DH (who snores through all baby wakings) says, "I'm so tired." and you have to take a deep breath and count to ten.
[/QUOTE]

or he says "I *need* to sleep~ I have to work tomorrow..."
OMG! like being responsible for 3 lives other than my own isn't 'work'?!?
Bkwyrm's Avatar Bkwyrm 11:15 AM 04-19-2009
...when you look forward to going to the dentist's office, because you can sleep in the chair.
justice'smom's Avatar justice'smom 11:18 AM 04-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkwyrm View Post
...when you look forward to going to the dentist's office, because you can sleep in the chair.

That is so true!
lurve's Avatar lurve 01:00 PM 04-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post

*When you await those last four teeth like the second coming because you hold out a tiny flame of hope that will signal a great sea change is coming.
This is SOOO me right now. she is getting her last molar in and i am about to cry for fear that it won't stop her sleeping troubles. last night she went to sleep at 1am and woke up at 7 am and was up EVERY 30 minutes. Dear lord, she's 27 months old. i must go get caffeine now.

sleep babies, sleep
Spirit_of_Fire's Avatar Spirit_of_Fire 02:23 PM 04-19-2009
...when red puffy eyes with dark circles under the lids looks normal....and you're starting to think it's looks nice....
Terpsfan's Avatar Terpsfan 01:55 PM 04-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartesia View Post
* when you must stay in constant motion like a shark

* when you have to carry a gym ball for bouncing naps if you want to go over to a friends house with your LO

My DD was born exactly 1 year before yours! I lived on my exercise ball for the first 6 months. Constant bouncing. I had the strongest core in all the land! She's 16.5 months now and the yoga ball still does the trick when she's waaayy overtired. I would seek out exercise balls everywhere I went to get her to nap! We took our ball on vacation with us! Thankfully it's pretty portable
Terpsfan's Avatar Terpsfan 01:58 PM 04-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post
That is so true!
I totally fell asleep sitting up in the stylist chair last week while getting my hair highlighted. I am so used to falling asleep upright in a chair with no head support that I can do it anywhere. I guess that's a bright shining spot in this madness.
rlynn08's Avatar rlynn08 02:15 PM 04-20-2009
have to add

when your child wakes you at 4am by whacking you in the head with her soggy, wet diaper that she's pulled off of herself and you actually think to yourself...

she's not crying, she's entertained, maybe i should just go back to sleep.

NOTE: Aria is 13 months and has ALWAYS been a cruddy sleeper. Developmental milestones...yeah...right. I've been getting by for the last 13 months on roughly 3-5 hours of sleep...all broken up of course. And thats only if we don't count the lack of sleep during pregnancy.

*sigh* But I love my little boogie.
Cartesia's Avatar Cartesia 03:08 PM 04-23-2009
Oh I have another one....

*when you only ever eat dinner in bed
*when you never know what part of your dinner you are eating because it is in the dark
*when you eat said dinner with a wooden spoon so there is no clinking
*when you eat only soft food so there is no crunching
Autumn C.'s Avatar Autumn C. 04:20 AM 04-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynn08 View Post
have to add

when your child wakes you at 4am by whacking you in the head with her soggy, wet diaper that she's pulled off of herself and you actually think to yourself...

she's not crying, she's entertained, maybe i should just go back to sleep.

laughup

BTW, LOVE you LO name!!! I wanted to name mine Aria but dh and his conservative name ideas vetoed my "beautiful melody" <sigh>
First ... 2  3  4

Up