sweet family bed moments? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke up in the middle of the night last night to the feeling of something wet pressing on my face. I felt it back up, and then I heard my 15 month old baby girl say "kiss," and then she snuggled up and went back to sleep.

What's your sweet family bed story?
#2 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 PM

How about waking up to my 3.5 year old and 11 month old were looking over DH and I giggling about something just between them. So sweet!
#3 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 05:53 PM

i feel like every morning is sweet DS is 5 months old and every morning he wakes up with a big bright smile.

#4 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM

I have to say that every morning is sweet and beautiful, but I really love the weekends when my son wakes up to discover that daddy is still in bed - the absolute and profound joy he experiences in seeing daddy first thing in the morning is so heartwarming since 5 days a week we miss that when dad's at work.

My absolute BEST co-sleeping story, though, has happened twice so far - my son started giggling in his sleep and DH & I both got to witness it. It was in the early morning hours and we were just snuggling and starting to wake up ourselves when the little man started laughing. It only lasted a few precious seconds before he settled back into his pleasant dreams, but knowing that, had he been in a crib, we would never have experienced that kind of moment makes it that much sweeter to me.

(I won't even get into all the times my son has called out for me and I've been RIGHT THERE for him or the times he's been sick and I was RIGHT THERE to help him and clean everything up instead of walking into his room the next morning and feeling guilty for not knowing my kiddo had been ill)

Wife to one amazing man, unschooly mama to 2 boys daily (8/99 and 6/06), mom to 4 boys (6/94 and 2/00) and countless exchange students, praying to someday homebirth a daughter...
#5 of 19 Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 PM

I've coslept w/5 kids now so you would think that a particular story would come to mind but it's not. Anyway, the cuddles and waking up to their sweet little faces.

Amy - mom to Anna-Rebekah 14, Logan 13, Christian 8, Ethan 7 and Adan 07/15/08
#6 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 12:01 AM

A few weeks ago, DS woke up from a deep sleep shouting, "MOMMY!!!!!" It scared the carp outta me and I yelled, "WHAT????" back at him. He grabbed me, gave me a big fat kiss on the lips and rolled back over and fell asleep. I couldn't stop giggling.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#7 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 AM

I put my girls--almost 4yo and almost 2yo--to sleep in their room in a full-sized bed together. They always get up in the middle of the night and make their way into my room. A few nights ago they showed up at the door holding hands in their matching pj's with their crazy hair sticking in every direction. They were so cute and sweet, groggy and disheveled, holding each other's hand. I lifted them into bed and dd1 cuddled into dd2 like she was a big squishy teddy bear (which she is, in a way) and they fell right asleep! Most nights when I check on them they are cuddled up together, spooning or one is laying across the other, or sometimes holding hands. The very sweetest moments, though, are when they wake up in the morning and I think they're up but then they fall back asleep. Woohoo extra sleep! :

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#8 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 AM

My boys often hold hands while they are sleeping. I have watched them, and they just automatically reach out for each other, even in a sound sleep. It justmelts my heart. Of course, there are the cuddles, kisses, sleep talking, sleep laughs and adorable baby snores that I love, too.
#9 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 AM

Funny enough, we hadn't planned on co-sleeping with our baby girl before she was born (now 7 months old), but it soon became the easy, natural and nicest way to sleep. I usually bring her into bed from her co-sleeper for her middle of the night nursing, and keep her between my partner and I until the morning. The sweetest time is the morning when she wakes up. She always checks up on both of us, turning her head to make sure we are both there. If we are still asleep, she will gently (or not so gently at times!!) touch our face with her little fingers to wake us up. She will then hang in there and just talk up a storm (well, babble up a storm), as if she's recounting what she dreamt during the night, what she did the day before, or what she's planning on doing during the day.
I am just so glad we get to experience it every day, especially when I think that we had considered putting her in a crib in a separate room (before we knew better, of course! We never did...). We would have missed out on so much...
#10 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
A few weeks ago, DS woke up from a deep sleep shouting, "MOMMY!!!!!" It scared the carp outta me and I yelled, "WHAT????" back at him. He grabbed me, gave me a big fat kiss on the lips and rolled back over and fell asleep. I couldn't stop giggling.
Awwww. Mine's done that a couple of times. I also had the giggles. So sweet

My fondest co-sleeping moment(s):

I must have been in a deep-ish sleep. We sleep with the mattress on the floor. I was sleeping on my back, on the edge of the bed. I woke up to dd kneeling on the floor, resting her head on my belly.

And there's been a couple of times where I wake up and she's in bed, but kneeling and resting her head on my chest. Sometimes she'll wake up and yell out "Mommy?!" and she'll crawl over and plunge her head onto my chest and she's out like a light again. Smile.

It's nothing significant to an outsider. But there's something about those incidents that makes my heart go ka-thump
#11 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 AM

There are many sweet moments...

I remember one week where both of my children expressed "typical" sentiments in their sleep and I was so touched by their utter guilelessness and authenticity.

Andrej (5) "Mama....I want to do some useful work."
Amadea (2) "Mmm, more treats...I'd like some more treats...."

At other times when I have held them close I've felt a huge rush of energy coming out of the crown of their heads as they sleep. I have never heard this phenomenon described and don't know what it means, but I am in awe of it.
#12 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 05:11 PM

I love when DD wakes up and starts saying "mama or dadda", then proceeds to start climbing all over us, waking us up to cuddle or play! Of course I love at time when we are side-lying for nursing and I feel her rubbing my back, cooing, and I play with her soft head of curls!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#13 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 05:15 PM

One night I woke up because DS was whining, which meant he wanted to be nursed. I found him trying to uncover DD, he thought that she was me

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#14 of 19 Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Last night all three of us were getting ready to go to bed for the night. DH was in bed next to my sleepy 7 month old son who had woken up in his crib. I was brushing my teeth and scratching my DH's back. My son, on his tummy, picks up his head, smiles at me, and puts his head back down to go to sleep. Usually the little guy cries when he wakes up, so it was nice to see him content to wait for me to do my tooth-brushing.
#15 of 19 Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM

I absolutely cannot get enough of my LO nestling closer and closer throughout the night -- my heart melts every time he puts his little arm and leg up on me.
#16 of 19 Old 11-07-2008, 04:50 AM

My little guy (22 months) has been doing this adorable thing lately - when we're done nursing in bed at bedtime, he'll roll over and then roll back to me, put his head on my pillow, put his arms around my neck and start kissing me over and over. Then, when he's had his fill, he rolls back over and falls asleep. Sometimes he'll come back for seconds and thirds :

Tonight, he was having a hard time falling asleep, so I was rubbing his back, legs and feet and I stopped because I thought maybe he was asleep and I hear, in the most sleepy voice, "More, more" and then he pats his back. Makes my heart melt.

I often think about how much I would've missed out on if DS had slept in a crib and/or if I'd just left him to put himself to sleep. I'm so happy that we have these amazing moments together. It does make me feel sad for mamas that won't ever get to experience these things.
#17 of 19 Old 11-07-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bamama View Post
I often think about how much I would've missed out on if DS had slept in a crib and/or if I'd just left him to put himself to sleep. I'm so happy that we have these amazing moments together. It does make me feel sad for mamas that won't ever get to experience these things.
Exactly. for all of us. for all of the mamas who choose/need to use cribs in other rooms.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#18 of 19 Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 AM

I love waking up in the morning to DS who is awake but quite and touching my face with his little fingers, using his tiny finger to play with my lip, I crack my eyes open and he is just closely examining my face with big eyes and when he sees my eyes are open, even just a slit, he smiles a huge smile and starts babbling to me

I would never trade those moments even for more sleep or not getting punched in the face

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#19 of 19 Old 11-09-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bamama View Post

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto!

I cannot imagine being that removed from my baby!

My sweet moment was when DD was falling asleep. She put one hand on each of my cheeks, rubbed the very gently and oh so softly said the sweetest "Maaa MA!" I've ever heard.

That single second made every struggle we've ever had worth it!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page