So tell me what you know about being introverted. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 02-18-2009, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rynna, the most highly gifted person I know IRL probably can't be described as either an introvert or an extravert. She truly has an intense need to be solitary for a while, and then an intense need to be social.
#62 of 64 Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 PM

Being an introvert means I HATE the phone. Have people not heard of email?
#63 of 64 Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil103 View Post
Being an introvert means I HATE the phone. Have people not heard of email?
Oh, YES! I have seriously thought recording my outgoing message as: "If this is an emergency, call 911. If you need anything else, my email is _____."

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
#64 of 64 Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM

I'm an introvert. I love being alone. It's the only time I ever feel truly at peace. I have never felt lonely, not once.

I get more than enough human contact at work, so it's difficult for me to maintain friendships. It doesn't make any difference to me what kind of person I'm talking to or what about; I have no desire to socialize with anyone once my 'quota' has been filled. At this point since I work in customer service and have a BF, I have zero desire to see or talk with any of my friends but I force myself to do so sometimes, simply because I like them! And maybe someday I will have the resources to spend time with them again.

My BF is the only person who doesn't make me touched out. Being with him is as nice as being alone. We don't interact a lot when we spend time together (more a parallel play situation), I think that helps.

I used to be VERY shy and socially awkward but no longer am. I do still loathe being the center of attention. I can make small talk with anyone and am comfortable around large groups, etc. I just don't enjoy it, at all. I would like to be invisible so I could easily walk among people and be able to ignore them and be ignored. I don't like people looking at me, pleasantries exhaust me.

It's nice not to ever have to depend on other people for anything, but at the same time my need for space and quiet makes ordinary life rather challenging. I really need to find a way to work from home, I would be able to have more quality relationships that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page