Spin-off: Things your child remembers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are some amazing things your child has remembered after a long period of time?

My 3-year-old DD put on a shirt this morning and told me, "This is the shirt I wore to that festival. The one with the dried-up corn that we played in." The festival (which was actually a Corn Maize with little kiddy activities set up, including a sandbox full of dried corn) took place in October of last year, when she was not quite 3, and indeed she did wear that shirt.

I told her, "I can't believe you remembered that! That's amazing!" We went on with our day, and a few minutes later she said, "Chase was wearing a yellow shirt with numbers on it at that festival." Chase is her older brother, and she was right about his shirt, too!

We don't have any pictures of that day anywhere, either, as they're STILL on my old digital camera and haven't been put on the computer or printed out.
#2 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 AM

It would seem you have a pretty good memory too, since you knew she was right.

DS did not inherit his great memory from me. He infact did impress me with some amazing feat of memory just a couple of weeks ago, but I can't remember the details.

He's also been known to insist that we have carrots when we don't; drag me to the kitchen; make me open the fridge (this was before he was tall enough to reach the handle); open the produce drawer; reach behind whatever was in the front of the drawer; and pull out a bag of mummified carrots that had been in there for god and DS only knows how long :. He was then really upset that I didn't feel mummified carrots were edible.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#3 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 04:46 AM

In October, we went to the local LLL conference. It's a couple hours away in an area we haven't ever been to before except for a LLL conference 2 years ago. I was a vendor with a booth two years ago, we just went for the day, and DD was 2! DS had not been born. We walked in and DD said "I've been here before! You had a toy booth Mama, in that room that way. And the swimming pool is this way, and the playroom is that way." I said "You're right. That's totally right." Then she told me "Grandma and Grandpa came too, and Grandma played with me while you and Daddy went to a meeting (um, yeah, we did. I wouldn't have remembered it until DD said it, but as my parents were nearby, they came over and DH and I did do one of the "couples" sessions. Then she looked very confused and concerned and said "But Mama... I can't remember where Jazzy was." I said, "Well, Jazzy wasn't born yet then, sweetie. You were only 2."

Kinda sweet that she was worried about not remembering what her brother was doing at that conference.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#4 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 05:19 AM

We took DD#1, age 2, to one of our local metroparks and she said, "I want to go on the horse ride -- the one where you get to sit in the wagon with the hay" -- It was off season, so we told her this was not possible, and there was no hay ride in sight -- then she said, "but we got to do it LAST time we came here!" --Yes, that WAS true, when we had come when DD was 9 MONTHS OLD . . .

DS had to go to the hospital when he was 2 (broke his ankle when an older boy pushed him on the slide) -- on the 1 year anniversary of the event, I asked him if he could remember anything from his hospital visit. I guess that was the wrong question, because it turned out he remembered EVERYTHING . . . "I had a red, white & blue popsicle that you didn't like because it had food coloring", "I liked the doctors because they were wearing green", "Aunt Debi came, and she brought me little muffins with blueberries", "and you forgot to give the phone back to the nurses when Grandpa called you on their phone" (oops! -- I actually had forgotten about that one! ;-) -- I am not sure the definition of a photographic memory, but, when he remembers things, he always includes details (colors/textures, etc.) I find it interesting, anyway - because I remember the same way -

I think these kids are LOTS of work (my worst complaint is how FIERCE and DEEP their emotions run), but darn it! They are just so much fun!!! :-)
#5 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesMom View Post

Kinda sweet that she was worried about not remembering what her brother was doing at that conference.
I LOVE that -- my 3.5 and 5 are like that with their 6 month old sister -- it cracks me up, because they are more paranoid with her than I am (i.e. they are always examining her baby toys for "pieces that could come off and choke her", and taking away toys "this one seems like it might be just a little too small" ;-) --- it is very funny but DB gets a bit exasperated by her 'protectors'
#6 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 05:33 AM

My children regularly correct my memories and all have very accurate memories, which I can confirm with evidence.

One in particular completely astounded me and required looking up photos that were never in circulation at our home or elsewhere (stored in harddrive that was in a cupboard- don't ask... ) and talking to a family friend to confirm it.

Our ds1, last year, saw a child at a grocery store holding a silver foil balloon. Hours later, when we'd returned from our 5hr drive back from the store (we lived in a remote community then), just before he went to bed, he said that he'd really like to have another foil balloon. I said that I didn't think we'd ever had a foil balloon before (I've never purchased one and I'm allergic to latex, so we haven't had balloons in general). He corrected me and said that our friend S gave him one when we lived in that apartment in K-city, and that it floated up to the ceiling and he couldn't reach it even though he tried, but then I pulled it down for him and he really loved that balloon. Huh?

So, I dug up photos, and called my friend S, and after exchanging lots of details and timelines, she confirmed that she had brought her leftover balloon from her birthday party to give to ds1 because she thought he'd like it.

Ds1 is 5.5 yrs presently. This conversation happened the December of 2008, making him 4.5 yrs old. He received the only foil balloon he's ever had when he was 10 months old!!!

This 'event' was clearly not significant enough to me to remember, so I doubt we've talked about it since the day he had the balloon. Of course, I can't verify that, but given my complete aversion to nostalgia, I am confident that the likelihood of such a discussion, if I don't remember it, is nil or next to it.

Six months later, our friend came to visit us, and ds1 brought up the balloon and described the imagery on it perfectly.

I shouldn't be astounded, really. He remembered for years where we hung the broom in the kitchen of a place we lived in for two months when he was 11 months old.

Ds2 remembers people and names like ds1 remembers details, and ds3 remembers methodology without error, after seeing or doing anything once. The babe clearly also has an amazing memory, but being the least verbal of our boys, it's difficult to describe outside the context of daily living.

Before a health crisis, I had an eidetic/photographic memory. I used to 'study' by looking at pages in my textbook before an exam and then I'd read them for the first time in my memory as they appeared on the page. It seems that ds1 has this sort of memory too. The oddest thing is that even when I had that ability, I have never been able to 'see' human faces in my memory- even of my family members.

Needless to say, with a family of elephants, I am very quick and forthright in asking for forgiveness for my blunders!

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

#7 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 AM

DS' memory constnatly amazes me, esp. with directions and, as others have said, layouts of buildings that he has been in years ago. Also with books - We can get a stack of books from the library, and he has them memorized after reading them once or twice. This works out well at the grocery store, where he can be a human grocery list - esp. considering I feel like I can't remember anything these days!
#8 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
It would seem you have a pretty good memory too, since you knew she was right.
I have a photographic memory when it comes to two things: clothing and food. I remember *everything* that everyone has worn to anything remotely important, and I remember things that I and others have ordered in just about every restaurant I've ever been to (including meals from vacations 10+ years ago). I guess she got it honest!
#9 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM

The most amazing recall dd has had (she's 2.5) happened last fall after a nap. We were cuddling after she woke up and she asked me what happened to her belly button. I asked her what she meant, she thought for a second pointed to our curtain rod and said "it used to look like the curtain rod" (we have a thick wood curtain rod.) Then she continued "it was long and that man cut it off." : I asked her where was mama? She answered "you were laying down" (it was true, I hemorrage right after birth so I was laying down and couldn't hold her right away). She then continued that "I didn't know you then"

I would have thought that I imagined the conversation, but dh was in the hall listening.
#10 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaoma View Post
The most amazing recall dd has had (she's 2.5) happened last fall after a nap. Then she continued "it was long and that man cut it off." : I asked her where was mama? She answered "you were laying down" (it was true, I hemorrage right after birth so I was laying down and couldn't hold her right away).
I want to say "that is not possible" -- (but then, I am a veteran of getting told that, myself, by people who aren't familiar with GK), so, I just have to say *WOW* . . . this should almost be dually posted on the 'You know your child is different when' thread :-)

If she remembers post-birth, it would be interesting to ask her what she remembers from your pregnancy, or the birthing process! How cool to be able to add details from her earliest days to the baby book!!! :-)
#11 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
The most amazing recall dd has had (she's 2.5) happened last fall after a nap. We were cuddling after she woke up and she asked me what happened to her belly button. I asked her what she meant, she thought for a second pointed to our curtain rod and said "it used to look like the curtain rod" (we have a thick wood curtain rod.) Then she continued "it was long and that man cut it off." : I asked her where was mama? She answered "you were laying down" (it was true, I hemorrage right after birth so I was laying down and couldn't hold her right away). She then continued that "I didn't know you then"

I would have thought that I imagined the conversation, but dh was in the hall listening.
I remember being born also. But it's a memory of just sensations, that I was not able to put into context until I gave birth. But I remember thinking about it from about age four and wondering what the heck it was. Also when I watched my newborn have the startle reflex I could remember what that felt like. It's weird to have such physical memories, it's like the memory is held only in my body, not in my brain.

I also have rather photographic memory, in high school I could read my notes in my head while taking tests. And I remember when my mom showed me how a tape recorder works, and I think I was only about 12 months old. I was wearing a purple dress with lots of white frills. We were sitting on her bedroom floor and she had a black squarish box with a big circle on the front filled with smaller circles. She held the box up to me and said, "Say hi, (my name)." So I said, "Say hi (my name)." And then I heard a voice from in the box and I was fascinated, it was like I could feel my brain suddenly rivet focus on the box. I kept talking into it, saying hi over and over. I thought I was talking to someone, like a phone. It was my own voice played back to me, but I didn't know that. I can remember everything from that moment, the scratchy brown carpet, the maroon vase full of silk flowers and peacock feathers, my parents' bed and purplish blanket, their dark brown dressers. The curtains were drawn so it was kind of dark in there. Many years later, when I was about 11 or so, I found that old tape recorder in a closet, and was like, "Hey, I remember this!" I hadn't seen it since I was a baby.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#12 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride View Post
It's weird to have such physical memories, it's like the memory is held only in my body, not in my brain.
Not weird at all! I really like the way you described this --- I wonder if more of us have this, it is just something that I had not figured out how to put into words ---- very apt description (and nice writing! :-) -- I know that 'smells' is one of my huge mental triggers, as well as objects -- I don't know, maybe it IS weird, but for me it seems normal --- oh, well.
#13 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettieferg View Post
Not weird at all! I really like the way you described this --- I wonder if more of us have this, it is just something that I had not figured out how to put into words ---- very apt description (and nice writing! :-) -- I know that 'smells' is one of my huge mental triggers, as well as objects -- I don't know, maybe it IS weird, but for me it seems normal --- oh, well.
It's funny, because I can't always remember it when I want to. I have to somehow focus inside my body to bring out the sensations in order to remember and feel them again. The sensations came like flashbacks very frequently during both of my pregnancies. Actually I think they were triggered by pregnancy hormones, which would have been in my bloodstream at the time of my own birth.

#14 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Great story. I think they really miss the umbilical cord, kwim? DS told me about his birth last month:
DS: Mom, do you remember that? (pointing at my belly cast)
Me: Yes, that's when you were in my belly.
DS: Do you remember? Before I was in daycare I was in your belly. Then I came out. I came out of your penis. (he laughs). No. Or I came out of your bottom. (laughs again)
Me: Actually you came out of my yoni. (actually he was ripped out of my belly with an e c-section, but I WISH he had come out of my yoni.)
DS: Yea. Can you remember? Then I was upside down. And then the water came out and the water fell down ALL OVER the floor. Then there was a long snake in your belly. Then I came out. No, then there was not a snake. Then there was poo all over. Inside your belly, I think?
Me: No, there was not poo in my belly. (though he shit all over as soon as he came out)
DS: Yea, well OK.
#15 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I also have rather photographic memory, in high school I could read my notes in my head while taking tests.
Me too! One of my tricks was to alternate colors of pens and cursive/print on each paragraph so I could remember specifically what the writing looked like while taking the test.
#16 of 42 Old 02-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I remember being born also. But it's a memory of just sensations, that I was not able to put into context until I gave birth. But I remember thinking about it from about age four and wondering what the heck it was. Also when I watched my newborn have the startle reflex I could remember what that felt like. It's weird to have such physical memories, it's like the memory is held only in my body, not in my brain.
I don't remember my birth, but I do remeber certain things as physical sensations. There was a park my mom used to take us to when we were kids starting from my grandmothers house. This place was in the other direction from my GM's house than our house, and in an area I didn't know any of the surrounding streets or even all of the town names. So, I didn't have a map of the area in my head like I do for most places I know how to get to, and I never remember street names. Yet when as an adult I had a desire to go there, with then boyfriend now DH, I just drove to GM house and could drive there. It's almost like the feeling is inside my chest as to how it feels to get there. I couldn't possibly give anyone verbal directions to this place, but I might have been able to dance the directions the way honey bees do to tell the hive where to find the good eats.

There are other places like that for me. I don't really know where they are, but I remember how it feels to get there.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#17 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 AM

I have memories of things that happened at an apartment when I was young. We moved to a house when I was about 18 months, so these are before that.

DD who is 5 (6 next month) made references to something that happened before she turned 3. Actually the funny thing is none of us can remember exactly how old she was when it happened. LOL We just know it was before we moved the house we are currently in and she was 2 1/2 at that time.
#18 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 AM

I don't have time to post any good stories now, but can I just say

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Everywhere else I feel insane. Here I feel like I'm normal and my kids are normal and all is right with the world.
#19 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 AM

This is interesting. DS has always had a tremendous memory. It kind of freaks me out sometimes. What always amazed me was when he would talk about a memory he had of a time before he had speech. For example, I taught university courses when he was one. He stayed with one of my grad students. He stopped seeing her when he was about 16 months old. About a year later he saw a picture in a book of a small dog and said that it looked like Jenna's dog. He then proceeded to tell me all about Jenna's house, her nephew he met a few times, etc. Interestingly, at that time, he probably didn't even say the dog's or the nephew's name.

He also seems to have a great ability to recall places. We pulled into a resturant in a neighboring town the other day. He told me that he went their with Daddy and Grandpa (this resturant is nothing special - just a run of the mill fast food resturant). I corrected him (I really should know better by now). I asked DH about it, and he said that they did stop there when the went to the lake. This was when my DD was born 8 months ago. He does that kind of thing quite often.
#20 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 AM

I just looked up some articles on photographic memory, and they all had a little blurb saying that we don't really know if it's possible that photographic memory truly exists.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

And then it hits me how expansive is the realm of human ability in all directions.

Stunning.

And I don't just mean high achievement or special talents...

There are people that don't have photographic memory, and just can't even believe it's real. What can I not understand, that is very obviously real to others? There must be lots.

#21 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM

I think the memory capabilities of children are astounding and fascinating. I have a difficult time gauging if the memory capabilities of our DC's are average or not, considering the incredible amount of growth and development that happens during those younger years in all children. While DH and I have always commented on our elephant children, I hear so many parents amazed by what their children are able to recall that at times I wonder if it's just normal development during those early years. Does anyone have any research on this, or are there parents of older children out there who can jump in with some stories of their own, beyond those peak recollection years about what their children were able to recall at a younger age but still can (or can't)?

Many years ago I took a psychology course and I recall the professor chatting about childrens memories. I remember he said that around the age of 2-3 children are able to recall their births, but eventually may loose the actual memory, replaced by stories or images of it. I did a quick google search on the subject and came up with this:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/remember-birth.htm

Interestingly enough YDD (4) and I were playing 'house' just the other day. She wanted to be the baby inside my uterus and wanted me to call the midwives. I said "Ok, I'm pushing now" and she said "no, you aren't pushing, I'm pushing myself out, with my feet, I have to get out of there and into the water and you are taking too long so I did it myself".

Interestingly enough this is pretty much exactly what happened. I was in labor for 20 hours, I pushed for only 6 minutes and during that time the midwives were unable to detect a heartbeat and were saying "we have to the baby out now!". With my first DC the pushing phase was relaxing and controlled, with YDD I was not pushing at all and I yelled at everyone not to touch me because it felt like they were pulling her out, yet they weren't touching me at all. I would describe it as she was pushing herself out....

That said it's plausable DD has heard me talk about her birth, though I know I have not described to her in such a way, I may have chatted with someone else about it within ear shot of her, thus affecting her memory of the event.

I'm intrigued by the discussion of young gifted children and their memories in comparison to the general populace and am off to do more research.
#22 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 AM

I sometimes feel frustrated because I am the only one who remembers things forever (and I remember EVERYTHING back to about age 3/4). It feels kind of lonely, because I have no one with which to share these memories. So, I can't say that a phenomenal memory is exactly the end-all.

On a brighter side, DH remembers NAMES, something I have never been good at -- I remember anything visual, but not always words. A PP mentioned that she could drive somewhere but not tell you how to get there. That is me -- I am like that with a phone number too -- give me a phone, I'm there -- no phone? Hope you have Yellow Pages handy.

I was tested at 160 IQ, as a child (so, not as high as lots of the kids on here) -- but, anyway - here is your example of a GK all grown up -- memory still here; often think it is more of a curse than a blessing. (Remember Tuck Everlasting? It is like yesterday so WASN'T.)
#23 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 03:42 AM

Never been in this forum before, but DH and I have definitely entertained thoughts that DS may be gifted in some way...and this thread caught my eye.

Driving through town a few days ago, DS suddenly pointed out the window and said, "Mama, I just saw the house where we used to live!" What he had pointed out, in fact, was an apartment building we visited ONCE for about 10 minutes to see if we wanted to rent there, when DS was 14 months old. We've never talked about it or pointed it out to him since then. He's now just over 3.

I have to say, though, that this thread reminds me of a study I read about in a child development class at university, in which 6mo babies were brought into a lab room with their mothers. The lights were turned out and when they were turned on again, each baby had a box sitting on the floor in front of them, inside of which was a toy. One year later, they returned to that same lab, and the lights were once again turned out. The children immediately reached out for the box they remembered would appear in front of them.

I enjoyed reading this thread, and reading about the kids who remember their birth gave me chills. I hope my kids have fond memories of their births; I know I do!
#24 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM

i've heard this about young kids remembering birth...i plan to talk to DD about that when she's more verbal

i don't have a great example of this kind of "narrative" memory (remembering when we went to such and such, wearing this or that) because DD doesn't talk a whole lot yet, can't tell stories, etc., but at her old DCP's house, there was this easel with chalk on it. she loved the chalk. DCP put it away after the first day/week because DD was putting it in her mouth (she was 11 months old then)...but she kept going to that easel and looking for the chalk for a long, long time after that. months!

ETA: i definitely remember being in our first house as a child. i remember what the rug looked like exactly and described it to my mom once, and she was really surprised i remembered that. we moved when i was about 11 months old.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#25 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My son remembers the day we moved into our first apartment with just the two of us. He was a few days short of 20 months olf. He can describe the boxes and wanting to sleep in his own bedroom "like a big boy" all by himself and how the boxes were scaring him so he came back to bed with me, and how he was wearing his "pink" pajamas (which was the last time he wore them because they were getting so small).

My little girl's first memory was me dropping her. : She was about 3 1/2. It was during a severe lightning storm and I was carrying her and running from the car in the driveway to the door and I slipped on the water. I wasn't even a puddle- it was a good inch of water everywhere on the ground. My foot slipped, and I went down. In my defence, I messed up both my knees, blood everywhere and actually cracked my kneecap, but I didn't "drop" her until I was already on the ground and only then did my arms give out. I "dropped" her from about two or three inches and she bumped her head, but didn't have a single mark. Me, if I had dropped her when I started to fall, I probably could have avoided being myself being injured at all, but I've got this scar on my knee now that my little girl calls my "I love Katherine scar". Not bad for a first memory, huh?

My Hubby says he doesn't really remember anything until his teen years, which concerns me a bit, but I remember breaking my leg two weeks shy of my second birthday and I can tell the story better than anyone else who was there.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#26 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Just the other day DS asked me, "Mommy, why is Bob so good at puzzles?". I said, "Bob, Bob who?", he said "Bob from Survivor.". I let DS watch Survivor with me and he was talking about the guy who won last time, Bob the Physics professor! We hadn't even been talking about Survivor. It was weird. He does that kind of stuff all the time, like with his clothes and remembering what he wore where, telling me to use the nail scissors instead of the clippers and then proceeding to tell me exactly what drawer they are in and where they are in the drawer. I totally forgot I HAD nail scissors until we had that conversation!

Kids are cool, aren't they?:
#27 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 03:31 PM

When DS1 had just turned 2 he and I went to visit my parents for a week. One night DS1 just didn't want to go to sleep and I was pregnant with DS2 at the time and really tired. So my Dad took him so I could sleep. He carried him around in the dark living room for a long time until he finally fell asleep. This was not a particularly significant part of our trip, so we never talked about it again. Then, 6 months later, after DS2 was born, my parents came to visit. DS1 said to my Dad, "Hey Grandpa, remember when we were at your house and you were walking around in the dark with me, trying to get me to sleep? The message light on your answering machine was blinking, who called?"
#28 of 42 Old 02-21-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
What can I not understand, that is very obviously real to others? There must be lots.
I l:ve this question!
#29 of 42 Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM

I remember my first birthday party, being given a toy doll, and my grandfather who died shortly after. I don't remember anything else though until I was closer to two. We have pictures of my grandfather, and home movies of my first birthday so that helped me retain those memories I think. However, I can remember receiving the doll and the full outfit she had, while in the home movie I already have her and she's no longer wearing her clothes. What's interesting about it is that I walked for the first time the day after my first birthday and while I don't remember that, I do remember the sensation of feeling unbalanced and holding on to the coffee table while reaching up for the doll. I remember everything being knees and legs too. Other than that one sensation feeling though everything is in "snapshots". My first narrative memory is from shortly after I turned two.

My son at 2.5 regularly remembered things from before he was one, but when asked about some of them recently he said he couldn't remember them anymore. However, when we watch some home movies we have, he sometimes remembers details that are not in the movies. At 4 he still remembers and brings up things that happened before he turned two, and he remembers things with much more detail than I ever did.

Interestingly when he was three or so we asked him "do you ever forget anything" and he said "no" but when asked the same question recently he says "yes, sometimes". I find that fascinating, I wonder if children do gain the ability to forget at some age. If you think about it, its a good ability to have. As it is my head is just stuffed with the lyrics to bad '80's songs and I'm sure that it impacts my ability to retain new information. I'd like to be able to let the lyrics to "hungry like the wolf" go, and in return be able to remember ... um anything ... from the past few days.

Edited to add, since DS is not particularly ahead in academic skills, it's this phenomenal memory that makes me think he is gifted, at least in some areas.
#30 of 42 Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 AM

Mine has told me the story several times about the umbilical cord. Last night once again.  He describes it by holding his hands in front of his belly and making the shape like he is holding it. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page