psychic children - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that this section is mostly about educationaly gifted children bu I was looking for some moms of children gifted psychicly . My daughter is 3 and has recently been talking alot about when " she was big for a long time" and when she was a mommy . She has taken excellent care of her brother since he was born and recently started talking about back when shse was his mommy . I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of thing . My cousin has been reccomending I read a book about children who disscus their past lives - I think she said Siliva Brown had a good one.

If this is more something for finding your tribe or somewhere else please feel free to move it

Peace
Shannon

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#2 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I think most children make comments like that from time to time. Mine certainly all did ... not exactly like that, but "when I was your mommy" and "when I use to be big" or "before, when I was a grown up." I always assumed it was just part of kids sorting out roles and time and growing up and using their imaginations. Imaginary play peaks during ages 3 /4 /5 and that's typically when I would hear those comments.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#3 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM

You might have better luck posting in the Spirituality forum.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#4 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
A lot of kids have trouble with 'relativity' words, like mixing up yesterday and tomorrow, big and little, etc. Young kids also still may identify themselves with their mother, not having become independent yet.

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#5 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 PM

I agree you may get more responses in the Spirituality forum, I have seen some similar threads there. My dd2 may or may not have some psychic ability, there have been a handful of times when she knows something before she should and it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. For example, for Christmas one year when she was 2, my brother's family presented her with a large, sealed, cardboard box with no writing on it and she immediately exclaimed, "It's a castle!" which it was. But she hasn't talked about the kinds of things your dd has.

Mama to dds, Juju(7) and Bea(4)
#6 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM

I agree with what has been said about imagination peeking and kids mixing words up...on the other hand though. I believe that children are more open to intuition and knowing things. School, and age itself seem to diminish their innate skills at these natural abilities. I don't know of any specific books, but if you are comfortable I would encourage this by asking them questions. =)

~ Dune Lover
#7 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 02:05 PM

Yes, Sylvia Browne has a book entitled "Psychic Children" that I would check out if I were you. It will help you to see how very common this really is. My DD is still too young to discuss her past lives or the other side with me but I remember my little cousin when I was much younger would talk to me about when he had two wives and many children, etc. and he was 4 years old. As you can see from previous posts, many people like to explain this occurrence away and pretend that it's just the play of children. I thinks that's really sad because we can all find such comfort in the wisdom of children and their experiences with the continuation of love and life after physical death; they truly are tiny messengers from God. I would suggest writing down the things she tells you now so that you can share them with her later when she has forgotten these tales of her previous existence. Good Luck, Momma, and kudos to you for being so responsive to your DD's spirituality.

Quick look at Sylvia's book:http://books.google.com/books?id=Std...age&q=&f=false

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#8 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 02:32 PM

I don't normally post in this section, but this thread caught my eye. My niece, now 20, use talk about her previous life when she was little. She was verbally precocious and at two would speak about her life as an ancient Egyptian. She was able to read hieroglyphics, spoke extensively about her life, and often spoke about being married to her brother 'Seti". She doesn't have any brothers in this life. My sister was very matter of fact about it and it faded as my niece got older.

My son never talks about previous lives, but often says what I'm thinking about and I often know what he is going to say before he speaks. However, he had severe speech delay when he was younger, and we communicated a lot with body language, so it may just be an extension of that.
#9 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 02:59 PM

I would also have to disagree with the idea that it is just normal kids sorting out time, tense, etc.

When your DD talks about when she used to be big, ask about what she remembers, it might be a very insightful conversation.

When my DD was in the 18 months to 2.5 y.o. range she loved all things Japanese. We had a channel on TV in Costa Rica, and we were flipping channels. We flipped past an animated Japanese TV show, and she whipped around (her back was to the TV) and quickly became very engrossed in the program. She had never heard Japanese before, but seemed drawn to the show. (she still does have a leaning toward Japanese, but it has certainly lessened). This may be an indication of a former life, I don't know.

But, I agree that children are more open and in tune to these types of "memories". What the religious call a soul, I would contend is really just life energy. And as we know, energy never dies, it only converts and changes shape. So our children could very well be in tune with former "life energies." (I suspect I was Spanish in a past life, but that's a different story).

And now DS (2 y.o.) says he sees ghosts. He burst into tears at the dinner table last night, and when he calmed down, he said he had seen a ghost in the door. We asked him questions and he said it was a green man. Don't know if there's anything to it... I'll have to keep my eye on the cat and see if she sees anything

In short, I would lean toward your DD being in tune to something unique, and not so much just going through normal toddler language sorting. They may confuse tomorrow, today and yesterday, or breakfast, lunch and dinner, but talking about when they were big, or when they were someone's mommy... It's like dreams, you can remember them when you've first woken up, and then they fade. Ask her about it now, before it fades
#10 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM

OP, your dd sounds a lot like mine. I see from your sig that our dd's are really close in age. My dd tells me about when she was married to the "monkey king" and had 2 daughters who were princesses. She tells me elaborate stories about things she did "when she used to be big with the monkey king". She often tells me he was a "good man who helped others." I'm not sure whether I think it's just the vivid imagination of a child, or if she's sharing memories from her past. Either way, I find it so fascinating and I always take her seriously and ask her questions to encourage her to continue to tell me more. I should start writing this stuff down, like pp's suggest.

Jess, married to awesome hubby Tim, mom to DD1 (6-06), DD2 (2/08)
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#11 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for all the diffrent degrees of answers , I will seek out the spirtuality board . Thanks also for the link to the book my cousin recomended . A childs mind is so amazing !

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#12 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
And now DS (2 y.o.) says he sees ghosts. He burst into tears at the dinner table last night, and when he calmed down, he said he had seen a ghost in the door. We asked him questions and he said it was a green man. Don't know if there's anything to it... I'll have to keep my eye on the cat and see if she sees anything
Check if there are any moving reflections of light coming in at certain times of the day. Things like these can be very disturbing to little children. Having said that, various members of my extended family have had predictive dreams or dreams of dead relatives whom they have never met but upon relating the message, an older relative still alive would know immediately what the message was about. I have been able to see strange figures since I was three but somehow did manage to shut it off when I was 18. If your little one is having a hard time, he has my full sympathies. If it happens more regularly, you have to help him find a way to cope with it.
#13 of 29 Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 AM

I wonder why fileclerks or cardboard box assemblers never get reincarnated. It's always pilots and princesses and ancient Egyptians!

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

#14 of 29 Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 PM

You might be interested in Brian Weiss' Through Time Into Healing or some of the research from the late Dr. Ian Stevenson from UVA about reincarnation and childhood experiences.

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#15 of 29 Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
AAK

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post
I wonder why fileclerks or cardboard box assemblers never get reincarnated. It's always pilots and princesses and ancient Egyptians!
They probably do, but those stories make us think the children are pretending to be mommy or to be "working" rather than speaking of past lives. Those stories just aren't entertaining enough to be noteworthy (or post worthy!).

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#16 of 29 Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsmommy View Post
I agree you may get more responses in the Spirituality forum, I have seen some similar threads there. My dd2 may or may not have some psychic ability, there have been a handful of times when she knows something before she should and it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. For example, for Christmas one year when she was 2, my brother's family presented her with a large, sealed, cardboard box with no writing on it and she immediately exclaimed, "It's a castle!" which it was. But she hasn't talked about the kinds of things your dd has.
We've had very similar experiences to the one discussed above. The freakiest one occurred when my five year old daughter was then 2.5 years old. Each morning, I went out to the gym really early before she awoke. By the time I arrived back home at around 6:30, she was up and ready for breakfast. One morning, on my way home, I was compelled to stop at a bakery (had never done it before) and buy a blueberry muffin for my two kids to split as a breakfast treat. When I arrived home, I told my husband i had stopped and gotten them a muffin. He said, "Yeah, T. has been awake for 30 minutes wondering when you would be home with her blueberry muffin for breakfast." It was So weird...I had not planned even to stop and get it, so clearly I didn't tell her about it the day before. I was stunned. It is one of our eeriest family stories to date, but there are a few similar things she has done since.
#17 of 29 Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
They probably do, but those stories make us think the children are pretending to be mommy or to be "working" rather than speaking of past lives. Those stories just aren't entertaining enough to be noteworthy (or post worthy!).

Amy
that's one perspective -- I tend to think that kids pretend to be/have been things they're fascinated by or think are exciting, but I don't believe in past lives, so...

carry on, I was just being a smarta$$!

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

#18 of 29 Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

DD does this kind of thing, too. She'll suddenly say a very specific word I'm reading (to myself, in my own novel). Or other stuff like that. I just figure most kids start out open to that sort of awareness, and we all eventually lose most of it, depending on the situation, and our connection makes it easier for her to keep it up, too.
#19 of 29 Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post
My son insists that when our cat died it went in my belly and "became a beautiful boy and that's boys name was {insert his name}". I hadn't even mentioned that I was eight weeks pregnant with him when that cat died. And then yesterday he asks me which animals are the animals that are going to be turned into humans.
#20 of 29 Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 PM

This is definately a thread for the spirituality forum.

I've looked there and done a thread search.

Can't find a thread there for chakras.

Can't find one for cabalism.

I found one for spiritual athiest, but it was locked.

Looked up quantum physucks.

No luck in the mdc spirituality forum.
#21 of 29 Old 12-18-2009, 10:43 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1173838

probably should have just kept this embarrassing tidbit to myself, but since I've put it in writing for the strangers over there in the spirituality forum, I'd like to share it with you, my friends here at ptgc. My take on spiritual type things. Sorry I didn't reply in the "what are they doing thread" but I got embarrased. And iPhones don't click before they ring. And I should have just left it with that explination. Thank you for leaving me a back door open to exit gracefully that time.
#22 of 29 Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 PM

I was reminded of this thread this week after a funny incident. We're currently traveling and DD is completely fine with the house that we're staying at... except the bathroom. She is deathly afraid to go in there and will scream her head off even if we take her in there just a second.

Anyways, we thought it was really strange and possibly related to the different shower head that we used to wash her one of the days we were here. But then yesterday we were having a really bad day, everything was going wrong and we were really late for something. To put the icing on the cake I went to the bathroom, locked the door and I couldn't get out afterwards!! It had a really old rusty lock on it and I was stuck in there at least 20 minutes (in the meantime she just wanted to nurse and was crying most of the time). Fortunately, I did finally wiggle it enough so I could get out but I just thought it was funny that she was so scared of the bathroom initially. Probably just a coincidence, but who knows?
#23 of 29 Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 AM

My now 18 year old was about 2 1/2 and got lost for 5 minutes at an aptartment complex and I was so scared--
anyway-found him and HE SAID-

oh mommy I died and was in the graveyard and I am back and I am so glad to see you mommy-
It brought me to tears of course and I always thought he and I were together in another life .Still do-I just asked about that!

Formally known as jazmommie
Momma to 4 Indigo kids ,22,19,11 and 3
#24 of 29 Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 PM

LoL. That's sooo funny. I got no reason to be embarrassed. I described what I've heard a few times about "spirituallity" over on that forum. Said I wasn't sure exactly what I believe, that's just something I've heard a few times a few places. Someone called it the "string theory" over there and I laughed a little because my description did involve "strings" from our head to "heaven". I thought it was so I wikied it which is even funnier because it actually is the string theory that the physicists refer to on "the Big Bang Theory" but I didn't know 'cause they always tell it in fancy algebra on a whiteboard. I thought they were talking about some kind of college people stuff on that show. (told you I've only really been where the gifted gone wrong go to meet.)
#25 of 29 Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 AM

I have just recently found a calling to work with families that have these kind of gifted children. I am psychic and medium as well and have been working in this field for many years.  I have two small children and just love this mothering community!  My question is How can I help a mother with her "gifted" child?    What are your questions, challenges, fears, desires? Are you excited? Scared? What resources did you wish you had to help your child cope and blossom with their gift? 

#26 of 29 Old 10-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post

I know that this section is mostly about educationaly gifted children bu I was looking for some moms of children gifted psychicly .

Sorry, you won't find any.  They don't exist.

ErinYay likes this.
#27 of 29 Old 11-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I don't know if it means anything, but for what it's worth, I'd like to share that my 11-year-old, since he was 4 years old, every single year, picks the winner of the Kentucky Derby. I am serious! My DH read him all the horses the first year when he was 4 and he said the one that was going to win! He knows nothing about "odds" or favorites and every single year, he gets it right! It could be a major coincidence, but we always joke that we're going to take him to Vegas and bet the house on the Kentucky Derby! 

#28 of 29 Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colomamato4 View Post

I don't know if it means anything, but for what it's worth, I'd like to share that my 11-year-old, since he was 4 years old, every single year, picks the winner of the Kentucky Derby. I am serious! My DH read him all the horses the first year when he was 4 and he said the one that was going to win! He knows nothing about "odds" or favorites and every single year, he gets it right! It could be a major coincidence, but we always joke that we're going to take him to Vegas and bet the house on the Kentucky Derby! 

So, do you bet at least a little bit?  And are you sharing his "picks" with anyone else ;)

#29 of 29 Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
While this is an old thread dredged up from the deep, please still remember to "treat one other with respect and courtesy at all times," per the User Agreement.

We don't all have to agree. We just have to be nice to each other. thumb.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page