When you have a book sufficiently memorized... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS (3) has been able to rattle off Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for about the last year, but he still enjoys having it read to him. I guess he wanted something new though, because now he wants it read to him...

backwards. lol It's surprisingly difficult to read that way, once the correct way is so committed to memory. :p

Kat, wife to and mommy to (Dec 07).
#2 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM

I don't know how to respond but just had to say ROTFLMAO.gif

#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2011, 05:37 AM

:lol

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#4 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 06:46 AM

I can't believe I found this thread.  DD requires "My Basketball Book" by Gail Gibbons read to her backwards each night before bed.  At first I was a little concerned.  Then I thought maybe that was her way of connecting with the words more (DH and I tend to read more slowly backwards and often use our finger to point out the word we are reading that way)?

I'm not sure, but in any case "Team favorite your for rooting or yourself playing are you whether fun is basketball". 

Mama to a little bouncy girl (11/08) and someone new coming 11/11!
#5 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Not sure I get it...do you read "Boom Boom Chicka Chicka" or "moob moob ackich ackich"?

Mesleepytime.gifDH geek.gif DS1 10/06 drum.gif DD 08/10 notes.gifDS2 10/12babyf.gifwith SB ribbonyellow.gif and cat.gifcat.gif 
#6 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Actually we read:

Chicka chicka boom boom.

Dare double dare you can't catch me. I'll beat you to the top of the coconut tree.

A is out of bed and this is what he said.

When he asked for it backwards, that's just the way DH did it the first time and it satisfied him well enough. I think he likes the plot backwards. The letters are all twisted and tangled up. Then their parents dust them off. Then they fall out of the tree. Then they climb the tree. Har har har.

Please please, let him never ask me to read moob moob akcihc akcihc. My tongue would be "detsiwt poo-yella" by the second page. lol

Kat, wife to and mommy to (Dec 07).
#7 of 7 Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Hahahahaha!  Actually I read a whole Disney easy reader backwards several times (as in moob moob akcihc akcich) although the action was in the correct order. Gnidnif Omen.  Worse I suspect I was the one who started it out of sheer boredom. It was informative though - kind of like being a novice reader again. Glad to hear we're not the only ones!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page