A fun book series we are enjoying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

I know many are always on the look-out for 'bigger' chapter books that aren't inappropriate for kids 6-9.

We are reading the 4th book in the secret series by pseudonymous bosch. Well, I say 'we' because I got the 1st for the 8 yo, started reading it with the 5yo, and now (we have 3 & 4 from the library) the 12 & 14 yo's keep snatching them the read.

I just saw this website when looking for a link to the books : )  and I'll have to go back to read the ghost written stories on there.

http://www.thenameofthiswebsiteissecret.com/

The author's style is really 'way out in left field' LOL! I don't think they are scary, the bad guys are a bit sinister, but wacky enough that my 5 yo doesn't get worked up by it. When my 18 yo was 7/8 he read all the Lemony Snickett and Animorph books, and those were more 'tension inducing' than these. He, by the way, had resisted reading the 1st book...had been shaking his head & laughing over parts he's heard me read aloud....well, being bored in the car, he looked at #4. He said, "Oh, no...now I'm going to have to read them." I asked why.."Just the way this author writes..."  

Anyone else read these yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks for posting this!  My 8 year old has almost finished the Warriors series, and she's going to need something new very, very soon.  These sound like they might be great for her!

#3 of 4 Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We will have to try out this series.

Kris wife to Stew and mom to Joey 8/03 who cares for , 2 frogs and a worm
#4 of 4 Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Hi I just saw this post, my ds10 loves LOVES this series.  He can not get enough of the sillieness in the books.  He loves how the books are 'backwards' at times, some pages are all black etc.  We OWN the series and I think it was a great investment!  (plus any book that has chocolate on the cover is a winner for me)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page