hasn't stopped today (doesn't want to sleep) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok dd woke up @ 6:30 napped 40 minutes for the car ride to bbq. Left bbq @ 10:00 pasted out in car, woke up @ 1:00 repeating every conversation people had with her word for word. She is turning 2 next week she has been eating so much in the past month it is scary. She is no where over weight 24 pounds 33 inches. Is this a phase. She told me she is fine to go back to bed. Oh I need sleep. By 9:00 am we had already done a days worth of puzzles, books, coloring, playing with trains, and eating....

My 10 Year Miracle 06/05/09!
#2 of 3 Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 AM

Growth spurt, for body and mind I suppose!   Both of my boys went through a phase in the 2-3 year where they would be awake for about an hour in the middle of the night.  I learned to be as quiet as I could through it, not engage in a conversation.  DS1 would often be upset in that time, tossing and turning, wanting things from me (for me to lie a certain way or whatever).... but it was a phase.  Just keep it dark and quiet and act asleep as much as you can. 

They are sooooo busy at that age, doing a million things during the day and continuing to process it all at night.  In my experience the sleep calms down and evens out at around 3 years old.  The activity level hasn't slowed down yet.... and they are 4 and 6 now......   :)

#3 of 3 Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding :) I was kind of thinking the same thing yesterday.  I don't think her activity level will change either that's kind of always been the same.  I try not to giggle because it is cute to listen to.  Even if its in the middle of the night :).   She askes for food sometimes and my husband I just smile at each other and hope she goes back to sleep.  She sleeps in her own room so that does help that she can't see me or I would really be in trouble from giggling..  I can't imagine having more than one right now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reezley View Post

Growth spurt, for body and mind I suppose!   Both of my boys went through a phase in the 2-3 year where they would be awake for about an hour in the middle of the night.  I learned to be as quiet as I could through it, not engage in a conversation.  DS1 would often be upset in that time, tossing and turning, wanting things from me (for me to lie a certain way or whatever).... but it was a phase.  Just keep it dark and quiet and act asleep as much as you can. 

They are sooooo busy at that age, doing a million things during the day and continuing to process it all at night.  In my experience the sleep calms down and evens out at around 3 years old.  The activity level hasn't slowed down yet.... and they are 4 and 6 now......   :)

My 10 Year Miracle 06/05/09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page