November - what are they doing now? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd be going a bit mentally deranged if DC regularly stuck fingers inside my upright grand, too; couldn't take the worry of dirty fingers in there, tinkering with the fragile bits.  They have to learn to respect the instrument care & needs, too.  (Or maybe it's just MY piano preciousness speaking, but I don't care, it's MY expensive bit of kit).

DD (10) keeps running home from clubs and events (whilst we cycle), even DH noticed her ability to get stronger the longer she runs, and said "If you can run that far that fast without getting out of breath you really should work on it to see what more you can do"; she's nagged me to go running a few times together, but it's dark by 4pm here & I am often too exhausted anyway, I am resolving here and now to make more effort to go out running with her more often, especially over next few weeks when almost all the other clubs are off.  DS7 is also a good runner, so we can all go out together.

DD is brainy, too, btw, but I think her heart may lie in excelling in sport first.

~ Yank Transplant to Britain and Zookeeper of 4 DC age 15 and under. ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavy View Post

I'd be going a bit mentally deranged if DC regularly stuck fingers inside my upright grand, too; couldn't take the worry of dirty fingers in there, tinkering with the fragile bits.  They have to learn to respect the instrument care & needs, too.  (Or maybe it's just MY piano preciousness speaking, but I don't care, it's MY expensive bit of kit).

I think my point was that you can teach a child to "tinker" safely and with respect for the instrument. Hands washed first, no manipulation of the hammers, etc.. To each his own, though, obviously.

Miranda

Mountain mama to two great kids and two great grown-ups

User Tag List