Do your kids really want to invent something and want to know how to get it sold in stores? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had conducted an interview on my blog from teacher and author Susan Casey who wrote Women Invent:  Two Centuries of Discoveries That Have Shaped Our World and Kids Inventing! A Handbook For  Young Inventors.

Susan is graciously going to give me some books for a free giveaway on my blog.  I thought I'd share it here at MDC. 

I'm not getting paid for this, and I don't advertise on my blog, so all the pageviews I might get don't really matter (except to make me feel good).

Every now and again I just like sharing someone's books...and I think this is a nice one to add to your library.  And it's FREE!

here is the interview I conducted

raisingsmartgirls.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/an-interview-with-author-susan-casey-on-kids-inventing/

please keep an eye out for the book giveaway announcement.

thanks,

Miss Information

Mama of 3 girls: 7.5 , 6 , and 4.5
#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My dc attended a gifted school in the late elementary grades and one of the highlights was participating in an annual science fair type of event but for inventions. They were required to develop an invention, research the market, develop an ad campaign and present it in a written report, poster presentation and a live demonstration. It integrated science, math, statistics, media relations, art and written and verbal communications. Every year, when we attended the fair, I was amazed by the creativity and hard work I saw. Some of the inventions were brilliant. It's a great extension activity if anyone is looking for ideas for school. 

#3 of 3 Old 11-08-2011, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

An invention fair would definitely be up my kids' alley.  My son has "The Klutz Book of Inventions".  It has all kids' inventions and most are funny, a couple useful.  It is a really fun read.

Busy keeping up with three children and an awful lot of chickens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page