Seasonal Whatever Disorder - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 12-03-2011, 08:29 AM
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I don't have time to read all the responses right now.  However, I am deeply affected by the seasons.  Not enought to seek medication, but enough that I think some of my family members would jump at the chance of a good pill for me. :-)  Last year was the WORST-- (though we had a longer than usual winter) and that prompted me to seek out any natural sort of treatment that I can find.  I think that if I had been feeling like this as a child, that it may have been seen as a series of behavior issues, etc.  I was a reader though, and would kinda hibernate through the winter with a good book.  If I didn't have all these "responsibilities" now, I would still do that most likely.  Getting up is awful, I always feel tired.  I am moodier.  My head itches (I think dry skin) and I am always feeling the need to scratch at it and then grab it close to the scalp and tug just a bit -- perhaps this would also seem like hair pulling.  I am trying to stay active (naturally helps serotonin levels), take a vit. d supplement, get outside (even in the icky weather), and eat well.  I also got some "good mood tonic" from my midwife's store but it tastes so bad I don't take it often enough to know if that herbal blend actually helps.  I will say that going outside DOES help me.  Also, if I get a chance to exercise in the morning (really moving), it carries over for the rest of the day.  

Good luck,

Amy 

Mom to three very active girls Anna (15), Kayla (12), Maya (9).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to chime in - we have the same problem. DS9 is a joy in late spring, summer, early fall but around Halloween things start to go downhill. Two years ago the problems got so bad that we ended up seeing a psychiatrist (I was not impressed). We did eventually buy a special lamp and it seems to help quite a bit. Also, things go better if I manage to keep everything harmonious (i.e. not too much hustling, stress, etc) and make sure that he eats regularly and has enough sleep. So overall things have improved quite a bit but I still notice the difference and can't wait for April/May to come around!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page